Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vandergraf

Bags under my eyes

I've had some slight bags under my eyes for a while before I started to use the regimen. When I started using the regimen, I noticed that they got somewhat puffier, and bigger. I started thinking to my self, "if I'm gonna getting rid of my acne, why not see if I can get rid of this too". Not 100% related to the regimen, but could anyone provide some good solutions to getting rid of the bags under my eyes??

i've also noticed that bp makes the skin under my eyes a bit wrinkly when i press my fingers on it. i guess if it's an area that u never get acne in (eyes, lips, etc), then don't put bp on there

stop applying bp to the skin around your and unde your eyes. AAAnnnd it should go away eventually.... maybe some extra sleep and some make up if ur a chick will help reduce how it looks

Sorry to hear that you're having some trouble. You probably know this already, since u mentioned that u had the bags a bit before you started the Regimen, so this is for everyone just as a lil reminder: bp is something that you *never* want to use around your eye area. It can cause you to have bags under your eyes if you use it there, since the eyelid skin is so thin and delicate. So please be very careful not to ever let BP get near your eyelids. If you're not using bp on them, you may want to take a look at everything else you use, because it's always possible that a moisturizer or even eye makeup could be causing you irritation. Once you've narrowed everything down and are sure that yo'ure not adding further irritation, you can work on minimizing their appearance.

There are plenty of things you can do to reduce the appearance of them, and over time they should pretty much go away. I've used sliced chilled cucumber slices in the past, and also thin slices of raw potato help. I did a quick search and also came across a woman who used preperation H cream on her under eyes. I haven't tried this but she said it works quickly to restrict the blood vessels, so who knows? ;) Good luck, and remember to keep the bp far away from your eyes. :cool:

Vandergraf, while I don't have bags under my eyes, the skin around my eyes has been SO dry since I started the Regimen.

It's odd, since I never apply BP in the eye area (don't need to, as I've never had spots there). I don't know if the BP just migrates...or if I'm accidentally transferring it while applying moisturizer...or something else.

Actually, I think I'm going to start another thread and see if anyone knows a good eye creme.

meh, I guess mine is one of those genetic, tired eyes things. I spend waaayy too much time on the computer so I'll try to cut down on that.

I don't rub BP on my eye area, however, a little still manages to get on there somehow. So what I do now is use a single pump of moisturizer (I use Eucerin Skin renewal + SPF 15) and distribute it around my eyelids immediately after washing my face and before allowing it to dry and applying BP gel. I also use lipbalm at this time. I didn't have bags or wrinkly eyelids, but the BP would sting that area even though I applied none directly in my eye area. The lotion has really helped out a lot and I don't have that sensation anymore!

use clean and clear eye cream thats the bomb and i use less bp only on a zit thats sticks out and am using jess brush tecnique which is working wonders with the spots and cleaning dead skin cells. and the most important thing is im only sleeping upright or if i turn its only slightly that its from my ear to the back of my head thus doing 2 things for me i noticed....1 ur not smoothering ur face to create problems with you acne 2 im not getting in a deep sleep where you feel tired and causes darker circle( breathing more oxygen laying on back) i wake up energized and less wrinkle on my face thus im using less clean and clear eye cream.

ps. dont touch ur face at night no matter if it itches practice this its become very effective habbit stopping

Guest mishmosh

piles cream is what the celebs and models use if they've had a rough night!

Guest pokerbugg

how much are u willing to spend?

javascript:popUp('/shop/image.php?productID=BLISS-203',500,450,1);

$26

Yea i have this same problem! When i first started the regimin i didnt have these bags and then when i started i didnt realize it was such a bad thing to put under your eyes and i put a ton on. Now its stuck and even though i try to ovoid the area it wont go away! I bought some crap for over $10 bucks for lines and redness by nuetragina but i havent really used it much and wasnt sure if it would even work. It seems like dead skin...its tought and wrinkly. Would an exfoliating scrub help? Sure my acne sucks but this just makes me look like a freak! I need help im glad someone else mentioned this.

Well im still having problems with this. I have no idea what to do! And now i keep breaking out right around this area under my eyes. WTF!!

I damaged the area under my eyes over the summer by washing them with SA. Yes yes I now know you're not supposed to do that but it's done and I now have lines and darker bags under my eyes than before. Now that I'm on BP they're also aggravated by the general dryness of my face.

I've tried several eye creams and they seem to help a little. I'm still looking for a better solution but currently I'm using Loreal Visible Results. It has vitamin c which is supposed to help the darkness and it has reduced my lines a little as well. I want to find something with vitamin k as I hear that does real well for dark bags.

The bags under my eyes have only been there after using bp and applying it under my eyes just for a day or 2. Thats all it took and even though i try to avoid it now its still there. It not even like bags its just these huge red blotches kinda indented and wrinkly. This is such a pain!

Ahh.. yeah if you're putting BP directly on that area - don't! You'll damage the skin there. I avoid my eyes when washing as well and just rinse them with water. In a few days if you take it easy on them I'd expect them to heal. Cucumbers or icing them a little will also help.

Dude but its been like 2 months! I put the bp around my eyes for a few days thats it i think. I havent put bp on it directly since 2 months ago..at least not a lot of it and not very often..i know i have a few times. I thought it would just go away but it wont. Now im breaking out all around the area which i think may be from a cream i used a few time to try to reduce the red lines.

When i feel the area it feels slightly bumpy and kinda raised but when i look in a mirror it looks like pits or something but its not scaring. Its not acne related at all, just Bp use and its frustrating cuz i dont use bp on it anymore and it still wont get better.

Would something like an exfoliating wash help cuz it kinda feels and looks like dead skin. I try keeping it moisturized too. I dont want to try the eye cream again cuz im not even sure if it will work and im afraid it will make me break out. Im really leaning towards its just dead/damaged skin but im not sure the best way to treat it. Any recommendions? Washes, creams?? Obviously waiting it out isnt working too well.

i have the same problem minus the puffiness...any suggestions on how to reduce the darkness in that area?...it just adds to the horror of my appearance

I've read a lot about Vitamin K and it's supposed to help a lot with the darkness. I'm looking into ordering an eye cream with some of it. I've seen several posts about using it for redmarks, but has anyone used Vitamin K for their eyes?

if you have dark circles from genetics you can go to a derm and get laser procesure under your eyes , they zap the blood vessels that cause the leak ( leakinjg blood vessesls ) but thats only if you have BLUISH bags.

No its not genetic. It only appeared after stupidly heavily applying bp to eye area. Today i bought a scrub. Thought something that exfoliates might hlep. I looked at a lot of products and many of them had salylic acid and had warnings about applying to the eye area.

I found one finally called pHisoderm Clear Confidence. It is a self heating daily scrub. I tried it tonight...it feels so good! It gets all warm. Hopefully it works. The ingredients listed at the top of the list were...

PEG-8, Zeolite, Methyl Gluceth-20, Glycerin, Mineral Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Kaloin, Stearic acid. O wait i just noticed at the bottom of the list salylic acid. But its at the bottom and they dont even advertise it on the tube so it must not be a big factor. Any of these ingredients look bad for regimin use. Maybe ill just use it under my eyes to try to exfoliate. Well see...

I have dark circles under my eyes and yes its genetics...

These two products combined REALLY REALLY helped my dark circles become ALOT lighter and alot less puffyness!!

PCA SKIN pHaze 12 eyeXcellence $32 http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp...D=0&prodID=4660

and

PCA SKIN pHaze 23 A&C Synergy Serum $57 http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp...D=0&prodID=2106