Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mysterybuzz

Acne: Attractive or Unattractive?

Hello Everybody,

I was just wondering if you would like someone with acne as in a girlfriend or boyfriend? Most people here are trying to get rid of there acne just so they can look better, but does it really matter when you're trying to find that special someone? I just wanted to see what you're opinions are as in if you find acne an issue on a guy or girl when you're searching for that special someone, let me know your opnions please.

Thanks,

Scott

Hmm. I dont think it really matters if you have acne or not as long as you are a kickass person to be around with..

I wouldnt mind dating a girl with Acne as long as she is attractive and her personality is amazing.

Acne would not put me off a person. And anyone who was put off by acne would be no good to have a future with! Shallow people do not make good partners!!!

sadly, no matter what we say here, most of us would rather date someone with a clear face than someone with acne. no matter how unbiased we want to be, it's still true

i am actually attracted to guys of have very nice skin, i think mainly because of my hate for acne and longing for perfect skin most of my life...for me it is such an attractive trait and something i notice right away. but for others i think mild acne doesnt matter much. i have mild acne and i have had no problem attracting men.

Guest james11

I know alot of people who prefer nice skin on people. I think when you have Acne it completely who you are, both mentally and physically! It gets you down and ruins confidence, that play into the personality thing alot.

I hate it when people think you're rude or quiet when it's really the skin making you that way.

I hate it when people think you're rude or quiet when it's really the skin making you that way.

Exactly my thoughts....I am personally more attracted to girls with moderate acne due to the fact that they would know how it feels like to have acne and you know you got a good shot with em :/

I wouldnt want to date someone with acne now because there would probably be some type of awkward moments. But later on maybe early twenties or whenever if i become like 99% clear, than I would definitly, almost prefer a girl with a little bit, because her personality is going to be alot better than someone with out a single blemish.

sadly, no matter what we say here, most of us would rather date someone with a clear face than someone with acne. no matter how unbiased we want to be, it's still true

haha once again I am different than most.. because I rather have a guy with acne so that he would know what I was going through.. and he wouldn't be an ignorant arse with clear skin who thinks the people with acne "just need to wash their face"..So I actually rather have a guy with acne.. as long as it's not deformingly severe...

LMAO OMG I KNOW... drives me crazy, i always think if i died right now people would think im a quiet pimpley brat with no personality lol.

.. and he wouldn't be an ignorant arse with clear skin who thinks the people with acne "just need to wash their face"

HAHAHAHA i know everyone in my skool thinks im gross "nikko maybe if you weren't so gross and you actually learned to wash your face..."

it all just makes me so much more attracted to the pimpley girls who understand. >.<

I DONT LIKE ACNE, But I dont think it makes that much of a difference in a boyfreind girlfreind kind of situation, girls...it really dusnt matter becuase they can wear make-up...but guys have it harder cus we cant wear make-up(not like I would want to)

i know girls with clear skin go out with guys with acne. my school's senior class president is going out with this dude with acne. and she's fucking gorgeous. lol

i guess it'll have to depend on the person

i know girls with clear skin go out with guys with acne. my school's senior class president is going out with this dude with acne. and she's fucking gorgeous. lol

well how much pimples did the guy have?

i mean when you have as many as me it might just get ridiculous

A bloke my bf works with has bad acne but he has no problems getting attractive girls. The thing is I don't understand just WHY he gets any girls at all (maybe it's because he's got a uniform!). And that's not because he's got lots of spots, it's because he's a bastard who treats people like crap. So I think there's more important things to look for than whether a person's got clear skin or not, personality being a major one!,...but that's just my opinion.

All I know is that my bf loves me for me regardless of my spots or any of my other faults - same as I love him, faults and all :D

well i just got turned down to the movies and the girl said that its cuz i have too much zits lol

WAH!!!!!!! im serious

hmph

yea, I liked this guy and he had it, but now i like this guy and he has clear as skin, and in the back of my mind im always thinking about him not liking me for it.

well how much pimples did the guy have?

i mean when you have as many as me it might just get ridiculous

he had some on his forehead. i think that's bout it.

I wouldn't mind dating someone with acne. My BF is 30, and gets an occasional blemish, and had some little blackeheads on his nose. Mild acne I guess. I really don't care. I notice them, simpley because I get them too. I don't think it makes him any less attractive.

I kinda like guys who have slightly less than perfect skin. I think perfect skin on a guy sometimes looks fake (ie. makeup). I like guys to have a little ruddiness or scruff. My BF only shaves once every few weeks or so, and has an adorable scar on his cheek from a dog bite....and he's hot as hell...

unless it is very severe, i dont think it matters.

If you are good looking, you will still be good looking with some spots.

If you are not good looking and have porceline skin, you will still be unattractive.

I'm 20, and my girlfriend is 26. Her skin is clear, but she had regular acne until she turned 24. The acne on my face isn't that bad (I do have a trifecta of ugly red marks on my left cheek at the moment, though), and, I know this is gonna make me sound arrogant (I'm not, I just have a part of me that feels good about myself), but I think I'm actually pretty damn good looking. The thing that I've been hung up on is some pretty vicious acne on my back. It's rough back there, let me tell you. My girlfriend is adorable and awesome, and she went through the something similar when she was my age, so she doesn't have any revulsion to it.

The problem with acne is that it's so damn subjective. Some girls or guys will indeed think your face or body is too blemished for them, no matter how great you are as a person--but these people have ridiculous standards and are probably shallow, anyway. Others will look at your face and not see much of a problem as well.

im sorry, but i cannot STAND acne. i hate it with all my heart and might.

the look of it disgust me. i feel like taking a blade and just cutting the fucking shit off the skin.

i cannot stand it on myself, so i dont find it attractive on anyone else. im sorry, but i have such a deep hatred for acne i could never like it.

if a girl gets a few pimples here and there, fine. but a face full of acne is not attractive to me at all.

unless it is very severe, i dont think it matters.

If you are good looking, you will still be good looking with some spots.

If you are not good looking and have porceline skin, you will still be unattractive.

yep, that is sooo true!

unless u have servere acne that is so noticable that it hides ur beauty u will still be just as attractive but a plain person could have the best skin in the world but still be plain.

ofcourse mild acne is undesired but who cares if the person is pretty. a few spots or whatever isnt going to make a differnce imo, and i dont understand when people say they would rather date a clear plain person than a hot acne person, i mean really, mild acne is nothing esp if u like the person.

Ok, obviously acne is not attractive and thats why this forum exists. But i would still go out with a girl with acne..

i would say at the serverity of the acne. alot of guys at my school still get the chicks and its vis versa even with I would say alittle more then mild acne. However, in guys its a little more tolerable then with girls.