Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JoeSmoe

Improvement with TCA cross?

I wanted to get feedback from people that have done this procedure. How many times have you done the procedure? How much of an improvement did you have with them? Is it worth it?

I have only seen one post with pictures from Reily that seems like he had great results from. Is this the same case with other people that have done TCA Cross?

Please chime in with your experience and feedback.

TIA :)

Hello Joe,

I started the TCA Cross journey back in April of this year. It's been a full six months and I am still opting to perform a few more. It's hard to judge and put a percentage on the improvement, but over-all there has definitely been some success. Would I say it's worth it? Yes. Anytime there's improvement (big or small) I'd definitely say it's worth the time. But I am still looking into other corrective procedures (punch grafts, excision, Dermabrasion, etc.).

Hi Sir,

Unfortunately I am too chicken to use 100% TCA, so I stuck with 50%. Although if I were to get TCA Cross performed by a PS, then I'd definitely opt for the 100%. :)

Whats up? I was just wondering if TCA is something you get done by a dermatologist, or by your self? Is it similar to a blue peel?

I crossed one ice pick scar with 50% TCA, and it became shallower. About a 30% improvement after one time. In the first month after the CROSS, it improved only about 10%, and then the next month it kept improving more until it was a 30% improvement.

I can't find 100% TCA or I'd do it. Don't trust those con artists on ebay for real 100%. I ordered from one, and the alleged 100% was weaker than the 50% I had gotten from Loganwood.

I would have done the CROSS a second time on the same scar, but I recently got a boyfriend and don't feel like walking around with a big scab on my face right now.

For anyone interested, I would recommend it, but try it on one scar first as a test. Try at your own risk. It seems like the number of people who have benefited from it outnumber the ones who haven't.

hi trying. I too purchased "100% TCA" from a seller called bettercomplexions on ebay. I have some unbuffered 50% from Yavanoe and her 50% is stronger than the 100% i bought from bettercomplexions. The sellers on ebay just can't be trusted and i too would really like to get my hands on real 100%.

I have found a site where TCA crystals can be ordered from a medical supply company so it must be legit, but I haven't ordered them because I don't know what ratio of crystals to water to mix. I posted that question on this site, and no one was able to answer it so I'll ask again. Does anyone know what ratio of TCA crystals to mix with diluted water? Please don't just guess. Only answer if you actually know. I don't want anyone to potentially burn their face because of the wrong ratio.

Thanks for the replies folks. :)

A 30-50% improvement would be great. Im just asking because i might be getting the procedure done by a dermatologist and just wanted to make sure it is going to be worth the money.

Just curious, does anyone have before and after pics?

I got about 40% improvement on my pitted scars after two treatments with 50% TCA cross. It's quite effective but the downtime with scabs on my face I can't afford with my job and socilizing... so I plan to get excision to finish ridding myself of all my scars. If you have time off or don't mind walking around with little dots all over your face go for it.

I got about 40% improvement on my pitted scars after two treatments with 50% TCA cross. It's quite effective but the downtime with scabs on my face I can't afford with my job and socilizing... so I plan to get excision to finish ridding myself of all my scars. If you have time off or don't mind walking around with little dots all over your face go for it.

40% would be great dude. How long was the downtime?