Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just wanted to let you guys know my new find. I got this little packet in the mail, a sample of Monistat chafing relief powder-gel. I read the claims on the packet and it relieves chafing,protects the skin from moisture, heat .It's used to protect the skin from any kind of friction.

I read the ingredient and it said dimethicone, which we all know is used as main ingredient for all those expensive primers. I decided to apply it to my face before i put my foundation on.

The texture was light, it mattified my skin, it felt light not thick as lets say Sephoras make up base.I then went on with my regular Revlon colorstay.Make-up looked great and actually lasted and stayed in place!.It didnt slide off my oily skin or breakdown like it usually does.It held back the oilies better than i expected.

I would think this would also work well with mineral makeup.

As far as break outs go..none at all, it did not irritate my skin in the least.

Sephoras make up base primer will cost you $22.00.

Monistat chafing relief powder gel will only cost you $6.00.

You guys im not kidding... when i was done with my experiment on this right away i thought of you guys in here.... this i think is worth trying! You can also go to drugstore.com and read the reviews although i dont think anyone is reviewing it as a make up primer.

IPB Image

I have some of that stuff and it has a slippery, powdery texture to it. Wouldn't your makeup just kind of sit on the surface and slide around?

Everyone has been saying that they break out form silicone primers. Supposedly it takes along time (a month or two) to see the breakouts once the silicone builds up in pores. I havent used one long enough to see a breakout, but just to be careful I would use a silicone-free primer like Phillips Milk of Magnesia original and I think there is one by H2O?

No, it doesn't, then again, i use the foundation then i set it with powder.

It works for me, and i have very oily skin, not just the T- Zone.

what's in it?