Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maelstrom209

Aloe Vera.... what is it and where do I find it?

I think that aloe vera is pretty much aloe right? But I'm not quite sure so I'm asking you guys. My acne pimples are going away now but there's still the hyperpigmentation left on my face that I'm worried about. These marks have started to fade over time but I have actually done anything specific to get rid of them. I read on these forums about aloe vera and honey or lemon and honey which seems like it'd work. I want to try it out but I don't where to gbegin.

First, where do I go to find Aloe Vera? I didn't know that they sell it at drugstores. Is there a good brand out there or do people just use any brand of aloe vera? When I make the mix people are talking about, do I use it like a lotion meaning do I apply it on my face and let it absorb into the skin and leave it on all day? Or is it a peel sort of thing where I leave it on for a while then wash off? Thanks for any help in clearing this up!

Well, you can get aloe vera at, what a suprise, Walmart! I believe that you should get %100 percent aloe vera though. Not 99% or whatever. Personally, I don't use it anymore because it made me break out. It didn't help my skin much. Nothing really helps my skin, at that. But aloe is really easy to find. You can find it at drugstores too. I have heard that a good brand is Fruit of the Earth. I'm not sure what kind of mix you are talking about but I know that aloe is SUPPOSED to fade red marks.

Guest *Clara
Fruit of the Earth is a very popular brand and is sold in many stores. I use it because it's 100% pure.

I was researching aloe vera and found this link. It says that aloe vera from Fruit of the Earth is a moisturizer. If this is the case, will I still need to moisturize if I'm using aloe vera?

Also for those of you already using this, when do you put it on? During the day or before bed? Can this be used in conjunction of bp or Dan's bp gel? Please let me know! I'm eager to try this since it seems like a good way to get rid of the red marks. Thanks!

BTW, do many people break out from aloe vera or just some? I want to know so that I can see what my chances of breaking out from aloe vera would be. I hope that I don't break out from it.

Well I just bought the Fruit of the Earth version of this and want to try it out before I sleep tonight. Anyone have any last minute suggestions before I try it? I sure hope I don't get breakouts from this. :pray: