Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kane N9ne

Regimen.. good or bad

I started the Regimen 2 days ago but First i wanna hear what you think about it if its effective or not..

Ive been reading in these forums that the regimen will cause you to get acne in places you didnt....

also for the regimen......is neutrogina daily moisture spf 15 good? does it cause cystic acne like it says in some of the reviews??? im confused :wall:

I think the regimen works. I've tried lots of things and my skin has cleared more on my 3 weeks doing this than anything else. I use that moisturizer and it doesn't cause cysts for me. I cannot use Cetaphil moisturizer though, that does break me out. I haven't gotten acne in places that I haven't before either.

the regimen mangled my face. gave me pimples where i've never had them, left behind a ton of red marks, and worst of all, gave me scars. go for it, but if it gets bad, stop. i listened to people here who told me it will get better with time, but it sure didn't.

before the regimen i had none of that. recently i switched to hibiclens, and its working a lot better.

the regimen takes way too long to do, and you smell like sunscreen all day. it's a pain in the ass.

I started the Regimen 2 days ago but First i wanna hear what you think about it if its effective or not..

Ive been reading in these forums that the regimen will cause you to get acne in places you didnt....

also for the regimen......is neutrogina daily moisture spf 15 good? does it cause cystic acne like it says in some of the reviews??? im confused :wall:

Yes it is - In 15 years I have tried every other product short of accutane, and this is the only thing that has ever worked well for me.

I use the oil free neutro daily moisture and it works fine for me. It certainly has never given me cystic acne. But to each his own.......

now that two people tell me they use that moisturizer thats good.. :dance: The reason is cause i have it already and ive been paranoid to use it , ive only been spot treating dry dry places.

Im going to continue with the regimen. i hope it works :D

i had very mild but persistant acne but after being on the regimen for almost three months now, i am completely clear and i don't break out now, no matter what i eat or how much stress i have. so you should definitely continue with the regimen.

my only problem, however, is redness which i'm trying to cover up with the right makeup.

good luck to you!! :wub:

The 1st few days were scary. Red, flakey, and irritated. But it all came good for me when skin got used to BP.

Use a little BP to start off with. If you slap loads on you will be very red and flaky which is off putting.

Some people, 1-2%, are allergic or develop allergy to BP.

so far the regimen is good for me (minus the side effects of dry skin and itchyness of it all) just follow through for least a month or two...Unless u have some massive allergic reaction.

Well, here's another vote in favor of the Regimen. I've only been on it a few weeks, but haven't had a single zit/whitehead/whatever since I started.

But as others have said, your skin will definitely get dry, red, and flaky. I haven't used the Neutrogena moisturizer you mentioned...I'm a big fan of Eucerin Skin Renewal (the one Dan recommends), but you do have to order it from drugstore.com.

Ill just continue with it and Order the Eucerin and dans bp gel while im at it.. for now neutrogina on the spot and its oil free moisture will have to do until i get the other two. wish me luck :dance: