Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vicky83

Obagi anyone??

Anyone have any experience with Obagi? I have alot of red hyperpigmentation and some shallow/moderate pit scars or scarred pores, and few minor breakouts. I was wondering if this Obagi system works well...anyone? Thank you for your advices.

how long did it take for you to see results and wont the initial breakouts and red skin leave more redness and scars?

yep. expensive tho.

i didnt have an initial breakout...there is some redness...but it really does help get rid of marks. it will take some time to see results. 1-2 months minimum.

Thank you for your advice. I think I will purchase the Travel size off of ebay since it is so expensive. Hopefully this will last me 2-3 months.

Do you think the Sunfader (with 4% hydroquinone) is significiant in the treatment? Because the travel size does not come with it.

Anyway, once I get these products, I will be sure to update on how my Obagi cycle is going.

I hope I can wear makeup that will be sure to cover the redness well...

the exfoderm and clear are the main things u wanna get. the exfoderm speeds up the skin cell turnover rate so the hydroquinone in the clear can work. the blender also works well if u combine it with a retin a

obagi? i dont want to say its crap but it really didnt work for me. my redness barely faded and the cost is ridiculous for what it does. and yes i bought it 2 times. the 3 piece system is almost $100. the lotion is the one that cost the most, something like $48

p.s. the toner and lotion will empty before the foaming cleanser. G/L

What kind of skin problems did you have? Did you end up getting worse skin than before the process?

obagi? i dont want to say its crap but i really didnt work for me. my redness barely faded and the cost is ridiculous for what it does. and yes i bought it 2 times. the 3 piece system is almost $100. the lotion is the one that cost the most, something like $48

p.s. the toner and lotion will empty before the foaming cleanser. G/L

What kind of skin problems did you have? Did you end up getting worse skin than before the process?

well i have the typical post acne redness and minor scarring. no, my skin didnt get worst. let just say i didnt have any breakouts during the use of this product... BUT...i didnt see much improvement ither. but it varies from person to person so i'm not trying to downplay this product.

Oh, well I am getting quite desperate liek everyone else in this process...and I guess I could stick with GA peels <im only using GA peel of 15% now, and LA peel 40%> or could try out this Obagi line...

I did have breakouts from Retin-A a long time ago so I stopped that early, but I hope that I don't breakout much from it now, because my breakouts have been diminishing a lot these days.

I hope this is doesn't risk me further scarring and redness though.

I seriously have alot of red marks all over my cheeks, can't go out without makeup,...

Guest LDanielle

Don't you have to be 18 to be able to get that done in the UK? :confused:

Guest LDanielle

this is a bitch all the clinics I phoned said I had to be 18 for anything

Guest LDanielle

lol

Since I have been obesessing over my red marks recently though, I've also been looking at the faces of other people around college... and when I actually look properly I notice none of them have perfect skin at all... I couldn't believe I never noticed some of the indented pits on my friends faces that I only noticed when I actually looked properly... and practically EVERYONE has large pores and blackheads and at least uneven skin tone when you look clearly... it's not that good at all... in fact usually much worse

I fucking still wish I had Gemma Ward's skin though. Lucky bitch :doubt: cept I know that's aiming to high haha but you know still

I hate it when doctors and people say 'it's not that noticeable' and crap like that, it's just fucking annoying really isn't it, if you know there's something there for me at least I'd rather people be honest and tell me/help me with how to get rid of it! Instead of just being patronising! I'm just hoping I can get something done in the summer holidays between when I finish college and hopefully start uni cos I'm 18 in June :think: