Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acneisenemy

Ok I need advice and such

Ok My red marks aren't THAT horrible I have a bunch of light pink ones on my cheeks, chin, and very few on my forehead..I don't really have that many dark ones.. and I've been trying Jessica's toothbrush idea for a week... and they are fading..and my skin is getting better... but I kind of just want to do all I can for it..ya know? After seeing such great results for this peel I thought about trying it.. but the fact it says only one minute freaks me out.. HOW POWERFUL IS THIS STUFF? Like if I leave it on for an extra second will my face fall off? :eh: I have somewhat sensitive skin too..And I heard something about baking soda needed.. do you exfoliate with baking soda right afterwords? Also I still get pimples every now and then and have about 3-4 minor ones right now... So I was wondering how that peel would effect pimples? Anyway..Any advice is greatly appreciated.. Also share your experiences and results with the peel if possible :) Thank You So Much.. :D

Thanks for the link :D.. Unfortunately the main person stopped giving advice? :( I just wanted to know.. if you can apply it to your entire face at once.. or is it better to apply to one area at a time.. I'm guessing the latter is better... not sure though.. plus is it ok to get it on your eyebrows.. or would that like make your eyebrows fall off? :eh: Anyway.. I'll research a bit more.. But if anyone has anymore advice.. feel free to post it here.. I truly appreciate it all.. Thanks! Wish me luck with the research :D

it's best to start with a low % and then work ur way up

also do a test patch to see how your skin reacts to the acid

that's because some people can only manage 1 minute with the glycolic acid peel or they risk burning themselves, and there's the 'others' like me that can manage 50% for 10 minutes and all i get now is some mild peeling (nothing to be proud of tho) :D

so have a try and see how ur skin reacts start with prehaps 30 or even 10-20%

u could do ur whole face if it's necessary, but best to just do the areas where you have marks

i don't think AHA makes eyebrows fall off...it didn't for me but i didn't exactly applied it right onto the hairs...

gd luck!

it's best to start with a low % and then work ur way up

also do a test patch to see how your skin reacts to the acid

that's because some people can only manage 1 minute with the glycolic acid peel or they risk burning themselves, and there's the 'others' like me that can manage 50% for 10 minutes and all i get now is some mild peeling (nothing to be proud of tho) :D

so have a try and see how ur skin reacts start with prehaps 30 or even 10-20%

u could do ur whole face if it's necessary, but best to just do the areas where you have marks

i don't think AHA makes eyebrows fall off...it didn't for me but i didn't exactly applied it right onto the hairs...

gd luck!

your idea of testing it on a patch of skin is good.. so can I test it on like part of my stomach and see how much of it I can take before I put it on my face?.. because I heard some people say the 30% really doesn't do much for them..

Thanks for the advice by the way :D I really appreciate it.. I think I shall start with a 30%.. I really don't think I have that sensitive of skin.. I used to.. I thought.. but it doesn't seem to be too bothered by any medication I use on it.. so we'll see.. Thanks again! :D

Also does everyone pretty much agree ebay is the best place to by it? I also heard someone mention a website called platinum skin scare once.. I thought?