Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Dr Dans the best for accutane lips?

i was on tane twice and plan on going on it a third time.

both times my lips were extremely chapped and the skin on my lips were completely gone.

i had no skin on my lips at all!

i looked like a clown with big bright red lips. it was crazy

i think i used chapstick and carmex but neither worked well.

i hear that dr dans lip balm is specifically taylor made for accutane lips. what does everyone think of this?

i hear that dr dans lip balm is specifically taylor made for accutane lips. what does everyone think of this?

I think you should try it and let us know. I've just been using Carmex. It does alright but I woke up with a bloody lip today.

Dr. Dan's stuff is awesome. IMHO, it is in fact superior to Aquaphor, probably due to the hydrocortizone in Dr. Dan's.

i used aquaphor and it worked pretty well, never heard of dr dans but it sounds good, give it a shot. carmex isnt that great, there was actually an article i read about it saying theres small amounts of fiberglass or something that irriates you lips so you keep using more...

Hmm, Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment worked extremely well for me...

You need to stick with it and apply several times a day.

Dr Dans is the best. It has cortisone in it, which really helps with the healing. It's worth the extra money.

Where do you get it???

I just won some of Mary Kay Satin Lips Balm on ebay. I've heard this works well. I want to get the mask as well, it exfoliates the lips....

Guest tenshigirl25

carmex is really good i thought..u just have to keep applying all the time..

Clinique Superbalm. It works better than straight Vaseline, is much less messy, and i can carry it around in my pocket. $12 for a tube, but it's really worth it. It comes in an uncolored form (it's a bit shiny for the first few minutes then it mattes down) and you can also get several different shades of "stain" if you want a bit of color.

I used Carmex my first course and i really don't recommend it or anything "medicated" that has menthol or camphor in it - these ingredients cause a rebound effect and actually make you need the balm even more. Which is not something you want while on Accutane.

Dr Dan's is by far the absolute best lip treatment. It was created by a Dr specifically for accutane patients. It has nothing in it that will irritate or burn your lips. You don't need to order it online, just go to your pharmacist and tell him to order it for you. It will be cheaper and you will have it in a day or two. You'll want at least two, that's how many I used during my 6 month accutane course. I love this stuff, you couldn't even tell my lips were suffering while on this stuff, because it literally restored my lips to normal. :D

Dr Dan's is by far the absolute best lip treatment. It was created by a Dr specifically for accutane patients. It has nothing in it that will irritate or burn your lips. You don't need to order it online, just go to your pharmacist and tell him to order it for you. It will be cheaper and you will have it in a day or two. You'll want at least two, that's how many I used during my 6 month accutane course. I love this stuff, you couldn't even tell my lips were suffering while on this stuff, because it literally restored my lips to normal. :D

Here is the website....I just looked it up out of curiosity. I might try to get this from my pharmacist, rather than pay shipping......

http://www.drdanslipbalm.com/

ehhh i havent been on accutane but from what ive heard blistex is the best.

youve heard wrong, its probably one of the worst.

whats up with the dr dans stuff tho? i checked the website and you have to be a patient or physcain to order it and you have to call some company? it is prescription lipbalm or something? seems good but why cant you just order it online/

I just asked the pharmacist to special order some Dan's. If your drugstore uses either Cardinal or McKesson as its wholesaler (the two biggest) and probably others, it will be available. Have the guy look for cortibalm in the system. For me, I was surprised how cheap it was compared to buying direct. It only costed $3.25 per stick.

here is a dr dans update:

so far so good! my lips were screwed up when i was using that stupid chap stick.

i put dr dans on for one freaking day and the next my lips are back to normal.

its greasy looking either....this stuff is the real deal!!!