Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Orange #47

Thank you, Dan!

Hello, Dan and acne.org world--

Dan, I truly want to thank you for publicizing such a simple, effective, and safe method of controlling acne. I've been following the Regimen religiously for three weeks, and am almost completely clear. Nothing else (literally nothing) I've tried has worked so well. :clap:

A bit about me...I'm a 27-year-old woman who has had mild-to-moderate acne for 15 years. MD after MD told me my acne was hormonally related. Their solution? Put me on a birth control pill, whether I needed it for contraception or not. And when my body became accustomed to the pill's hormones? Put me on a higher-dose pill.

(FYI....even fairly high dose pills never completely controlled my acne.)

Long story short, the side effects from all the hormones were getting out of hand. So about a year ago, I went off the pill and resigned myself to having a spotty face (but a happier body, with no artificial hormones floating around).

In a last-ditch hope of finding a non-prescription solution, I googled "acne" and discovered your website.

And the rest, as they say, is history. My skin is still quite dry from the BP, but the Eucerin helps keep flakiness under control. And given the choice between dry skin and persistent spotting every day...well, that's no choice at all.

Thanks again for creating this website and message board. I'm so impressed. I decided to post this message on the board to help spread the word that yes, the Regimen really does work!

I wish you all the best -- you deserve it!

I'm also 27, been through the charade of one product after anothger and have finally found something that really works here.........I am almost 3 months in and almost completely clear as well....Congrats on your prgress and keep posting..the more we all sread the word, the more everyone can benefit....

I googled "Acne" and found this page also. I should have "googled" earlier :wall:

But congrats on you both! I'm on the third week and so far so good...until my red friend came and visit me so I broke out the week b4. I'm so damn happy that I got my acne under control tho :dance:

Thanks for your support, ladies! This board is such a great resource -- so glad I discovered it.

I'm crossing my crossable body parts and touching wood hoping we all remain clear.

fena, that's good to know that you're clear after three months of following the Regimen. It seems like consistency is the key to success...but if you have any other tips, please share.

And panda...yes, I too had a major :doh: moment when I realized how simple it would have been to google "acne" months (or perhaps years) ago. Oh well. I like to think everything happens for a reason.

Thanks for your support, ladies! This board is such a great resource -- so glad I discovered it.

I'm crossing my crossable body parts and touching wood hoping we all remain clear.

fena, that's good to know that you're clear after three months of following the Regimen. It seems like consistency is the key to success...but if you have any other tips, please share.

And panda...yes, I too had a major :doh: moment when I realized how simple it would have been to google "acne" months (or perhaps years) ago. Oh well. I like to think everything happens for a reason.

yeah I had a rough time a few times when I tried to mess with the program, but when I went back to following the regimen precisely, I got right back on track. Consistency is key, I think. And PATIENCE! It does take some time, and I had a few setbacks on the way - don't let that discourage you.

They say the three month point is key...I have the before shots so the moment of truth is coming up soon.

Also I have to say 4 days ago, I did start exfoliating ( the Jessfoliation thread convinced me to try) so I added a soft buffing pad to my cleansing ( nothing else changed ) and that also seemed to improve my skin even further, especially the texture. I was having a little trouble ditching the flakes. Too soon to make any real claims about that though.

we ALL owe Dan alot....we should support Dan in anything he does o.O

Yep I'm glad Dan set up acne.org to make people aware of BP and a regimen that for the majority of people when followed patiently and precisely works!

Also I have to say 4 days ago, I did start exfoliating ( the Jessfoliation thread convinced me to try)

Interesting. I've been keeping an eye on that thread as well. Definitely too soon for me to start adding in variables, but let me know how it works for you. As much as I dislike the flakies, I'd be a bit apprehensive that the exfoliation (w/brush, as suggested) would irritate my skin.