Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zxc

My needling

Hey everybody! In this thread I will cover my self-needling. I will post dates and pictures so that I can be sure I don't get more scars :pray: and so that I will wait at least 1 month between needling sessions. You are welcome to give advice, but please only post if you want to help me. Thank you.

Tools:

Needling tools

22/10 - 2005 ...........Needling #1

• Needled a small scar on my finger (left hand on the upper side of the point finger) to see how my skin reacts. I'm bleeding a little, but it's not much. The scar does not seem to swell at all? But maybe it's because the scar is level with the skin?
  • Later I needled it again, because I must have forgot to needle some of it (because of blood, I could not see the scar very well).
23/10 - 2005 ...........Needling #2
  • Needled one more scar on my left hand (right under the smallest finger. Got the scar one time, because my bike was broke). It bled a little, but soon after it stopped. It is a little red now, which I tend to think is good? :think: . But I will not needle anymore scars before I find out if this works.
25/10 - 2005 ...........Status
  • Well today the two scars don't look so red anymore, but some more healing is indeed still needed. I will wait at least 4 weeks before doing something to them again. I am not really sure if they have got better, but I think they have. I am just a little afraid that the needle will leave holes, but it has not done that yet so why would it do it...But I am still quite reluctant to do this needling on my face!
26/10 - 2005 ...........Status
  • It's still difficult to tell, whether this needling has done something good. The scars are not very red anymore, but I think the smallest scar DOES look a bit better...but diffcult to tell yet...need to to it more times....
12/11 - 2005 ...........Needling #3
  • Needled 2 quite small icepicks on my cheek a single time to see how I react...well it's difficult to tell
16/11 - 2005 ...........Status
  • Hmm the scars on my hand don't seem to have become much better....but I'll needle them again next weekend and see how it goes. Actually 3 NEW HAIRS have begun to grow on the scar that I needled. Before I had no hairs on the scar, but now I have 3. It must mean I have begun breaking up the scar tissue...but still a LOONG way to go...but I would not say the scar is prettier. Now it seems a little "holed", but if I continue the scar should be gone in 2-3 years!

By the way: I have a plan. I will needle the scars I have on both my temples :wall: , but first when my hair gets so long that is covers the scars. In that way I can needle my scars without anyone noticing...

6/12 - 2005 ...........Needling #4
  • Needled the scar on my hand one more time (the scar on the left hand to the left right under the smallest finger)...became quite red, but I see that as a good sign...

Thanks for starting this thread to share your experiences w/ us zxc! I hope it works out for you!

good lucks man..

Thanks man!

Thanks for starting this thread to share your experiences w/ us zxc! I hope it works out for you!

Hey Lexy! That is exactly the reason why I started this thread. Everyone talks about their self-needling, but noone documents it - a big mistake. Thanks Lexy :angel:

I suggest you keep editing the very first post of this thread in terms of actually updating so it's easy to read in one spot.

I'll do that.

Guest pokerbugg

what exactly is needling? sounds like a harsh thing to do to scars...im picturing u sticking needles into ur scars :think: sorry im just a little ignorant on the subject

zxc how is your needling going.................are your scars improving........let us all know......thanks babes

I've been needling one of my worst scars on my forehead.I started quite a while ago(about two months ago)and did it regularly,then stopped.The scar swelled up at first and looked better,but then some dry skin fell out of it and it looked even worse.I thought that I had made a big mistake.After a while,its colour returned and eventually I could see some improvement,especially in bad light.I'm not too good with estimates but I would say about a 7-10% improvement.I'm going to continue needling that scar and maybe try some of the other scars.

Hey guys! I can't really tell much now, because untill now I have only done 2 scars on my hand. I will not do anything to my face before I find out it is safe and that it does improve my scars.