Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ozozoz

minocycline and teeth stains

Im on my 2nd month of minocycline and my only side effect has been teeth staining - these stains on my teeth are pretty bad. Now ive had my teeth professional whitened (so has cost thousands) and now they are getting badly stained from this medication. Are these stains perminant or do they go away once i stop this medication?

please advise thanks

this is the regimen board. i think you would get more help at the Prescription acne medications board. i hope you find a way to clear those stains. :angel:

easy solution: ditch minocycline, it sucks anyway, right about now you should also be noticing the affects of the drug disappearing anyway.

i'd ditch it and go for the regimen, if your skin isn't that bad at the moment then hopefully you won't have to go through that whole nasty red-spot phase

Im on my 2nd month of minocycline and my only side effect has been teeth staining - these stains on my teeth are pretty bad. Now ive had my teeth professional whitened (so has cost thousands) and now they are getting badly stained from this medication. Are these stains perminant or do they go away once i stop this medication?

please advise thanks

The regimen is proven to be as good as antibiotics, in fact better when you consider bacteria can build up a resistance to antibiotics but not BP.

A recent study confirmed this...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4102743.stm