Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ani_in_fl

Red spots on my face

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do with all of the red spots on my face? I've been on Accutane for 5 months, and this is my fourth time on Accutane. My skin is clear of all pimples, but I still have a lot of clogged pores and a TON of red spots. Even though my skin is clear, it still doesn't look good because of all of the splotchyness. Any ideas?

I'll be off of the Accutane soon. I'm intending on trying BP again since I've read good things about it on this board, but I haven't really had much luck with that in the past. My skin is VERY sensitive, and everything seems to irritate it. I think the BP I've used was 10% strength though. Maybe something milder won't be as irritating.

Thanks.

why are you gonna use BP after accutane...you shouldnt need to. you skin also heals very slowly on accutane so when you go off the red marks will fade a little quicker. using BP and stuff like that is gonna aggarvate your face, you might want to give your face a break for a bit.

why are you gonna use BP after accutane...you shouldnt need to. you skin also heals very slowly on accutane so when you go off the red marks will fade a little quicker. using BP and stuff like that is gonna aggarvate your face, you might want to give your face a break for a bit.

This is my fourth time on accutane, and I start breaking out pretty quickly after I stop taking it, so my derm and I decided that it would be better to be pro-active this time, and start something else as soon as I stop the accutane. The accutane works great, and I love it, but it's not really a cure for me :(