Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What ages does acne affect most?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How old are you?

• Under 13
    • 32+

I was just curious about the age groups that are most commonly affected by acne in this board and who needs the most moral support by coming on this board!

my acne only got severe at age 20, before then, it was always just one to three pimples here and there. No big deal. But then it turned cystic and severe. Cleared now because of accutane.yay

my acne only got severe at age 20, before then, it was always just one to three pimples here and there. No big deal. But then it turned cystic and severe. Cleared now because of accutane.yay

I was the same way... mine started getting bad at 19 then worse... got put on accutane and now it is getting better! I jsut turned 20 and finished my 3rd month of accutane so I hope it clears it :)

i always had small pimples and an occasional large one and used to use foundation to cover them up perfectly since age 13 or 14 onwards. Then when I was 19 it turned cystic after a green peel treatment that a beautician did on me and it got so bad that i've been on Accutane for the past 8 and a half months - but i'm happy with the progress i've had so far - hoping this is my last month now!

I'm actually 15... but I started getting pimples when I was around 11-12 and that turned into REAL acne when I was around late12- early13.. then I went to a derm around 14..

Odd that there is the total drop off after 26.

Does that mean I should skip my second Accutane course, and wait to see what happens in January when I turn 27?

Paul

[You'll grow out of it.]

You wont necessarily grow out of it quite so soon. My mother is in her 50's and still gets acne. Which probably means I'm gonna have to be treating mine for another 30 years or so :(

At least you know where you stand.

I am the only person in my entire extended family to have acne that persisted into his (mid) 20s.

And I'm the only person with acne scars. I started breaking out when I was ten years old. Ten!!

I'm a freak. A cursed freak.

Paul

You wont necessarily grow out of it quite so soon. My mother is in her 50's and still gets acne. Which probably means I'm gonna have to be treating mine for another 30 years or so :(

At least you know where you stand.

I am the only person in my entire extended family to have acne that persisted into his (mid) 20s.

And I'm the only person with acne scars. I started breaking out when I was ten years old. Ten!!

I'm 12 years old and I have had this damned disease since fourth grade, I'm now in 8th. Just can't wait to see what my high school years are going to be like. Pure hell, I can imagine. If Tyler leaves me, I don't know what I will come down to. Ah well, another day, another poem.

All the way until 13 i had crystal clear skin, at 14,15,16 i had severe acne. i went into a depression and here i am 20 yrs old now and still have mild-moderate acne. nothing helps...antibiotic,bp (irritates my skin), topicals. i'm thinking of going on accutane if my acne doesnt stop soon.