Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigpun

Glycolic, TCA, or Lactic Peel?

Ok so should people who are looking at peels get the Glycolic, TCA, or Lactic. And whats the difference?? I've heard good things about all.

Need some testimonies here. Thanks all

,bigpun

lactic is really gentle, probably the weakest acid of them. glycolic is like a medium peel, and tca is really strong. with lactic and glycolic, it will take a series of peels every week to see results. tca you will only need maybe 1 to see results. however, there is no downtime with glycolic and lactic. with tca, your skin will scab up and frost and you'll probably stay inside your house for the next week becuz you wont look...normal. glycolic is the one for starters, if you dont see results in the next 2 months, then maybe consider tca...but thats a big maybe

Guest *Clara

I use glycolic acid at home because it's strong and effective. TCA is stronger but I'd have an Esthetician perform it because it can be cause serious damage if you don't understand what you're doing.