Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
paul_acne_killer

Would you not want to be friends with someone

What the hell is wrong with people?? Maybe its because I share their pain, but if someone had acne but they were cool then the acne would not stop me from wanting to be friends with them. I mean acne can make someone unnatractive and you might not want a relationship... I can understand that but I still would be friends with someone who has acne... its not like we have to make out or anything.

WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN??

Recently... my own friends made fun of my acne. Some friends they are.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I'll take a party in a can. And I'm more worried about a person's ugly personality then their skin.

What the hell is wrong with people?? Maybe its because I share their pain, but if someone had acne but they were cool then the acne would not stop me from wanting to be friends with them. I mean acne can make someone unnatractive and you might not want a relationship... I can understand that but I still would be friends with someone who has acne... its not like we have to make out or anything.

WHY IS EVERYONE SO MEAN??

Recently... my own friends made fun of my acne. Some friends they are.

Try not to take it too personally, my boyfriend reckons guys like taking the p**s out of each other, because that's just what guys do! (I can't understand it myself as girls would cry over some of the stuff they say!)

But it's hard when people laugh at something that controls your life. If they make you feel too bad, then ditch them! Or give them some s**t back!!! :lol2:

I have acne so I wouldn't think twice about befriending someone with it as well.

If someone has a negative attitude however (don't get me wrong, I can be quite pessimistic at times myself) on a regular basis, that can be hard to deal with. Often times, people like that just lack self-esteem and struggle emotionally and don't realize how their negativity can actually drain others of energy as well. It's not exactly their fault, but it's hard for the person on the receiving end to bear long-term (even when they truly care), and then hard for the person who is negative if he/she finds him/herself alone.

well when i had acne at my worse a few years back, i had so call friends say ' i dont wanna be you friend no more' and i asked them why ' coz you face is nasty and we dont like being seen with you'

I told them where to go, some people, so mean :cry:

This probably sounds wierd, but I would actually like a friend with acne. I think we would understand eachother better..

I have a friend with acne. We're not so close to the point where we talk about what products and regimens we're using, but we have this unspoken relationship that I like. We understand each other without worrying about the other person has the clearer skin because we're in the same situation.

Your friends are mean. If they were mine, I'd ignore the the minute they mess with me.

All of my friends had completely perfect skin when we were aged 11-16. Then one of them started breaking out and his confidence got so low he was practically forced out of the group. The same happened to me, I drifted apart from them. They started going out more when they got older and probably thought that I didn't like them anymore or something. Don't let this happen to you, anyone to whom it applies.

At my nerdy university, everyone has acne. Like seriously, it's the majority! So, come here all ;) It's a party in a can.