Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marvin

Do you think acne sufferers have no hope for a relationship?

i feel sorry for those who are suffering with acne because society is so superficial these days. i use to have chronic cystic acne but from the power invested in me from God he was able to heal me. Acne free ever since and i am very thankful that i didn't get any scars. i can't help to wonder if destiny had me not being clear and i was suffering with scars and acne how life would play out...

i think its much harder for people with acne to have partners than non acne suffers. i can't really say i've seen any people with acne happily married or anything, usually they're by themselves.

i just have the deepest sympathy for people living with acne when my face is clear. i wish people weren't so interested in looks.

keep strong guys/girls.. one day you'll find your compatible match. i hate to see acne sufferers draw the short end of the straw :(

you know what image is much stupider in society ? The one where it says everyone must be in a relationship, as if it's a good thing, and if you don't you're a failiure and people feel sad for you. It's such a pathetically sad human concept that I have to laugh about it. You go be in your damn relationships, while I go conquer the f'n world.

And for the record, no, people who want that aren't in hopeless situations.

Just wondering, what powers did God give you to cure acne? Is it OTC, or Diet/Holistic? Can other people on this board get some? Share the secret! :)

Good god, Marvin still is not dead yet?

Haven't seen people with acne happilly married? Haha. You should have seen the couple that came in to my work yesterday. They were a married couple with a baby. The guy had severe cystic acne, but he was sooo cute. And his wife was a beautiful Spanish girl with long black hair, and the most striking eyes and smile.

There is a guy right now who is in love with me. Really in love with me. He tells me every day how much beauty he sees in me. And even when I try to point out other girls with perfectly flawless skin, or girls who in my opinion are prettier than me, he tells me i'm wrong. And that i'm much more beautiful than they are. And you know what? This guy used to be a model. Has perfect skin. And when he was a model, if he even got the tiniest zit, he would have to go get a cortisone shot for it if it wouldn't pop. But most of his zits, he can just scratch them off and it won't leave a mark or anything.

And you know what? Now because of how much society and disgusting people like you have fucked me up, I can't even believe him. And I don't want to believe him. I am ugly. And I always will be ugly. And there is no hope for me. And I don't want him to waste his time with me when he could be with a beautiful flawless girl.

So I have come to accept my fate that I will never have clear skin like I used to, my scars will always be there, and I will always have to settle for less.

kanmi, women with acne have no problems finding love. You're deluding yourself and hurting your relationship. You're hurting yourself, too. The men are the ones who have no hope for a great relationship if they have severe acne or scarring.

Just wondering, what powers did God give you to cure acne? Is it OTC, or Diet/Holistic? Can other people on this board get some? Share the secret! :)

powers that no man/women alive today could fathom. i can only tell you to let god be your inspiration and he will cause many great things to happen. he blessed me :dance:

hahaha i dont see how men with bad acne have no hope, lol i dont believe that one bit. Seiously, acne is not that bad in the long run, its when it gets to you is when its bad. And you can't say that I dont have it bad, my acne is horrible all over, but in the long run it doesnt matter. Lol what matters is money, power, confidence, and respect.

So...ur saying just because we have acne...we're not allowed a boyfriend or a girlfriend?

Well, most of the people on the board have a significant other, including me

How did u clear ur skin up?

i feel sorry for those who are suffering with acne because society is so superficial these days. i use to have chronic cystic acne but from the power invested in me from God he was able to heal me. Acne free ever since and i am very thankful that i didn't get any scars. i can't help to wonder if destiny had me not being clear and i was suffering with scars and acne how life would play out...

i think its much harder for people with acne to have partners than non acne suffers. i can't really say i've seen any people with acne happily married or anything, usually they're by themselves.

i just have the deepest sympathy for people living with acne when my face is clear. i wish people weren't so interested in looks.

keep strong guys/girls.. one day you'll find your compatible match. i hate to see acne sufferers draw the short end of the straw :(

Sorry but that's a pile of crap. I'm with a great guy and have always been in relationships..I have clear skin now, but when he met me I was covered in spots. He still loved me, and we're getting married. In previous relationships though, I put up with alot of shit from guys because of my acne. It's like I had no self confidence and thought I should be grateful to be loved in spite of my acne, so I would let guys treat me badly. So, no I dont think it's impossible to have a relationship with acne, thats stupid, but I do think it causes ALOT of problems.

And you know what? Now because of how much society and disgusting people like you have fucked me up, I can't even believe him. And I don't want to believe him. I am ugly. And I always will be ugly. And there is no hope for me. And I don't want him to waste his time with me when he could be with a beautiful flawless girl.

your boyfriend sounds like a great guy. u just got to force yourself to believe him, which shouldnt be hard because you are beatiful in all of your pictures in the gallery.

and try not to let marvin bother u that much..he is just an idiot who needs to go one an acne site to make his pathetic life seem better..

Hi Marvin. My answer is in response to the question in the title of your thread, and not the post itself.

In my humble opinion, the answer is no.

I do think relationships can at times be difficult for certain people with acne as they are affected by it (I have been also), but I don't believe having acne means no hope for a relationship.

I can't believe some of the responses in this topic!

I have suffered from acne for years now and i have never had any trouble getting a boyfriend. I have an amazing boyfriend right now. My face looks awful aswell. I think hes more bothered when i'm depressed because of my spots, because that makes me no fun to be with.

I wouldn't reject any guy because he had acne either. I would try to help him cure it. And if his skin was left pitted with scars when the acne was gone i would think it was ok because alot of girls like guys to look a bit rough. (If that makes sense?!)

I can't believe some of the responses in this topic!

I have suffered from acne for years now and i have never had any trouble getting a boyfriend. I have an amazing boyfriend right now. My face looks awful aswell. I think hes more bothered when i'm depressed because of my spots, because that makes me no fun to be with.

I wouldn't reject any guy because he had acne either. I would try to help him cure it. And if his skin was left pitted with scars when the acne was gone i would think it was ok because alot of girls like guys to look a bit rough. (If that makes sense?!)

Oh yeah- something to add- Brad Pitt has pitting from acne!

Come on girls.......... would you say no?!!!!!!

[email protected]

My name is glory i saw your profile

today at www.acne.org and became intrested in you,i

will also like to know you more,and

if you can send an email to my email

address,i will give you my pictures

here is my email address

([email protected]) I believe we

can move from here! Awaiting for your

mail to my emai1_ address above.

Miss glory

PLS PLS CONTACT ME DIRECTLY TO MY EMAIL

([email protected])

What a bizarre bump....

You could say that again. It's invisible now. Please report such posts, so the moderators can take action. Thanks!

well i can said that i have really bad acne ,but i get married like that and now i have a child we are not more together but is not fault of my acne it was for other personal problems,so i think that the real love can exist is just more hard to find..cuz the first thing that a person see is how you look,but if the person know how you are inside and like it diferent is the story..

ps...sorry if i write something wrong my first lenguage is spanish...

I'm going to close this thread since it's 5 years old. No use rehashing all of the blatant negative comments from 5 years ago.