Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
armchairgm

Is my face supposed to be dry when I apply moisturizer?

Hey guys I've been following the regimin strictly for 2 1/2 months. I started with mild to moderate acne, and now it's only slightly better. I shave once a day, using the whole process Dan says. I use the Basis bar, BP gel, and Neutrogena moisturizer (I have the eucerin moisturizer on order, should come in anyday now). anyway, my question is am I supposed to let the BP gel dry completely on my face before I apply moisturizer? Because the amount of BP gel I'm using takes more like 45min--1hr to dry completely, not the 5-15min the regimin says. Am i using too much BP gel, or will my face not be completely dry when I apply the moisturizer? Thanks

Hey guys I've been following the regimin strictly for 2 1/2 months. I started with mild to moderate acne, and now it's only slightly better. I shave once a day, using the whole process Dan says. I use the Basis bar, BP gel, and Neutrogena moisturizer (I have the eucerin moisturizer on order, should come in anyday now). anyway, my question is am I supposed to let the BP gel dry completely on my face before I apply moisturizer? Because the amount of BP gel I'm using takes more like 45min--1hr to dry completely, not the 5-15min the regimin says. Am i using too much BP gel, or will my face not be completely dry when I apply the moisturizer? Thanks

I think that it is supposed to dry up before the moisturizer. Oh my..1 hr?? What type of bp gel are you using? maybe you should use a more liquid type..it dries fast. Or sit infront of a fan or something..it might help to dry off your face faster.

How much BP, on what areas of face, you using and what brand of BP?

Its best to let BP absorb well before moisturising so as to cut down on moisturiser spreading BP through face and to eyes.

If BP is still sitting on top of your face after gliding it in for a few minutes you are using too much.

Look at how much Dan shows you to use http://acne.org/finger.html

BUT the dosage varies person to person usually by how severe acne is.

Mine is very light I only need 1/4 to 1/3 finger twice a day, whereas more severe need a finger.

I am using Dan's BP gel. I use a little more than the picture because I need it on my neck and all of my face. But I'll try cutting back like you say so there isn't any sitting on top of my face. Right now I take about 3-5min to apply the BP gel.

I am using Dan's BP gel. I use a little more than the picture because I need it on my neck and all of my face. But I'll try cutting back like you say so there isn't any sitting on top of my face. Right now I take about 3-5min to apply the BP gel.

Mmmmmmmm I use Dans Gel as well.

Are you very irritated by the gel?

Are you still red?

2.5 months is a long time, it should be more than a slight improvement.

You do this twice a day?

You follow Dan's videos?

I'm very surprised by the slight improvement!

:think:

My suggestions

OK I notice Basis bar has almond oil which bacteria and mites will luv.

Switch to the oil free Purpose Bar Gentle Cleansing Bar.

Wet shave every day with a single blade disposable razor using Purpose Bar as your lather.

Thoroughly rinse face with water after cleansing or shaving.

Pat dry.

Wait 5-15 minutes.

Apply just enuf BP so all acne prone areas are covered and glide in.

Do Dan's BP twice daily, just go out of your way to use as little as possible first week or two.

If you notice you are clearing don't ramp up BP.

Wait 5-15 minutes.

Use an oil free non-spf moisturiser (spf is irritating, I've seen non-acne friends and family breakout from spf on face)

For example

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...=BUY-PLST-0-CAT

This is my regimen's supplies essentially I avoid SPF, just use oil free moisturizer and use a simple cleanser (J&J Baby Shampoo in fact). Keeping everything oil free, and everything with as few ingredients as possible. I just use Bic disposable single blade razors. I'm 100% clear today, and always 99% clear. I cleared in first week using this. I only use 1/3 finger of BP twice a day.

I do agree with the general concensus that the sun, especially direct sunlight, is bad for the skin. But I stay in the shade or wear a sun hat.

Just letting you guys know around the beginning of November I went from following the regemin twice a day to once a day, and my face cleared up in about 2 weeks!! I've been fine ever since then. I switched to the purpose bar in the beginning of Janruary. I've had moderate acne since I was 14 years old (8 years). Nothing else I had tried did anything. My treatment history would be:

Clearasil

Proactive

Tetracyclene

sunburning my face (I got a little bit crazy)

Bacterim

Accutane (worked great, but I relapsed 6mo-1yr after I was off it)

Neutrogena deep cleaning liquid face wash

above + moisturizer

Minocyclene

some herbal cure from some quacks on the web

Dan's clear skin regimin

Ever since I was about 16 I took 2 showers/day, mostly because that was quicker for me to use whatever treatment I was using at the time. Now I'm using the purpose bar, the excel3 razor, dan's bp gel, and eucerin moisturizer. I've cut back to one shower/day. I take it at night before I go to bed. That's when I put the treatment stuff on. I've been clear for about 4 months now. Dan, I appreciate this site, you're the man

Also, about my original question. I realized I hadn't been gliding the gel in nearly long enough.