Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Inspired by the "Fav song" thread, I thought about what my favorite book which had acne in it. Certainly, the best I've read was "Ham on Rye" by Charles Bukowski - an absolutely wonderful author. I certainly recommend reading it. Anybody else read anything else where the character's deal with acne?

book 9 in the series of unfortunate events has a brief talk about an ignorant man who had loads of acne on his chin... damn stereotypers.

i know some people on here are resentful toward jk rowling (harry potter books) for using acne to make a person "gross" or unatractive..

also in catcher in the rye some charater is described as annoying and one part of the author's evidence is his acne...

i know some people on here are resentful toward jk rowling (harry potter books) for using acne to make a person "gross" or unatractive..

Yeah, I'm reading the 6th book, the Half Blood Prince in english because it hasn't been doubled in Italian yet, and it will come at the end of Genuary, and I didn't want to wait..... I'm actually at page 300 and something, and JK Rowling has already said 2-3 things about acne, pimples and whatever....I really like how she writes and I love HP, but I don't understand the need of talking about it....

This is what I read: (SPOILER for who hasn't read the HBP yet)

-Harry was on the train for school and he saw Cho talking with her friend Marietta, who was wearing a thick layer of make up, that couldn't cover the odd formation of pimples on her face.....(not very nice....and what was the need of saying that???)

-Fred and George Weasley invented the "Ten-Second Pimple Vanisher" (this would be helpful, ok, but doesn't she thinks that these things can hurt people with acne, as HP is mainly read by teenagers???)

^ I have the 6th HP book lying around.

The acne mentionings in the book---not cool. But then again, maybe JKR wanted to put some life into it, make it real in the sense these kids are teenagers too. I don't know :\

Probably "Engineering Maths" by "Leslie Mustoe" because most acne is round or somewhat circular, and this book somewhat touches on the subject of circular shapes....

This it somewhat touched on acne. :D

Gets me happy whenever I feel low due to my acne. :cool: