Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jagwarlord

Body hair and acne?

At 21 more and more body hair is starting to appear along with ACNE. I've always had acne on my face, but my body has always been acne-free. My body skin has been tough and I could wash it with just about anything and it would stay clean and clear. Now my skin is really red and ichy and breaking out all over. I was wondering if the newly grown body hair has anything to do with my acne...?

If you have acne and body hair, I would do some research on PCOS, or ask your doctor if you have it.

Takarea...I doubt the poster's a chick, PCOS only applies to women...ok maybe hermaphrodites are an exception??

Jagwarlord... I asked my derm this when I started getting body hair and he said that the body hair didn't have anything to do with acne, also some of what I thought was acne was actually folliculitis, and that can get more apparent when you have more body hair. So maybe you should show your skin to a dermatologist to get a correct diagnosis.