Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mutnodjmet

Wrinkles and Pimples

Hello!

I am a new member who was directed to your site from my favorite political forum. I find that the Regimen seems to be filled with solid, practical advice based on my 25-plus year battle with acne.

I will use another occassion to deliniate my entire skin battle. I want to get to the meat of my question: How to adjust the Regimen for the members over 35 years in age who are battling wrinkles as well as pimples?

Here is the scoop. After using Accuate very successfully a fifteen years ago, I had been following this course, which worked until 3 months ago:

* Wash Face (Clerasil with Trisiclosan).

* Wipe with Toner (gentle Loreal or Neutragena variety).

* Proactive

* Neutragena Moisturizer

* StriVectin around eyes.

My doctor and I both suspect I am entering peri-menopause, which is altering the hormones a bit. Subsequently, I am off all oral contraceptives. I have been following the Regimen for 3 days (essentially the main changes from what I have done are the gentle cleanser is used, there is no toner, I am putting 3 times for BP on than I have before, I am using the Neturagena On-the-Spot brand, and my application technique is substantially gentler). I am very pleased to see that some of my problem areas are adjusting well. My main questions are:

* How long should I cotinue with the 2 time a day treatment for BP??? My skin is drier, which is OK. But I would like to cut back to one time BP a day ASAP.

* Are there anti-wrinkle or other skin care products for older skin that have been used successfully for members on this board?

Thanks for any and all advice.

hi there and welcome to the forums!

I am 35, and I use the Regimen twice daily, but what I use to combat wrinkling as well as exfoliation is to use a moisturizer that has some glycolic acid in it. There are many available otc, the one I like at the moment is Anew Advance All-in-One Max by Avon. You can also consider Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion, but it is pretty strong AHA, probably only use once daily if you decide to give it a try, start slowly with it.

I use the Purpose bar, Neutrogena on-the-spot and Dan's bp gel (just recently got some to try), and then my moisturizer.

I still use it twice a day, even though I am on month 8 now, simply because I am paranoid of breakouts, but I do know some people who have successfully dropped the bp to once daily and done okay.

Anyway, the Regimen can be used for us in the over-35 group, but if you want to fight wrinkles too, just look into something aimed for that, that is oil-free and non-comedogenic.

Good luck.