Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Tinky

Veggie Girl and Mica?

Guest Tinky

Unfortunately most loose powders are no better than pressed. Talc and Nylon both can cause breakouts, not to mention Mica.

There actually are several brands of liquid mineral make-up currently available (most of them rather costly), unfortunately they all contain Mica, Talc, Parabens, or Bismuth Oxychloride.

Mica-some people have sensitivities to it and it can make you look really shiny/oily-it's fine for eye shadow but not good in foundations, powder, or blush if you have acne or oily skin,

I recommend a foundation with Zinc Oxide as the first/main ingredient (very soothing for acne) and no Mica (main ingredient of eye shadow-can look wet, oily, or sparkly and can settle in fine lines & scars and accentuate blemishes or wrinkles, not to mention it does not adhere well to skin).[/color]

You're better off trying mineral make-up (without Mica, which can make oily skin look very shiny).

Ok Veggie girl, please list your ingredients...somebody else said your foundation has mica in it? What does

mica do for the formulation and if you are so against it why add it? I read through MANY posts about your

MMU and it seems a lot of people think it doesn't have mica in it. Does it? and what about the colorless mica

sericite(sp?) Is that as bad for acne as regular mica? Sorry for all the questions but you can see that after

reading only the first 2 pages of your posts, you seem to really be against mica as an ingredient. Could you

also tell me if you know anything about rice and arrowroot powder, I thought I read that they can harbor

bacteria. If that is so , does your MMU have an expiration date? Sorry for all the questions, but in starting a

new business, I'm sure you are already used to questions.

she is against mica so i seriously do not think she uses it. you'll have to wait until the 25th+ for her to reply you as she's on vacation. xP

Guest Tinky

Ok I'll wait till she returns....this was givin to me as the ingredients in another thread...maybe they were

mistaken.

Her label says: "may conatain: zinc oxide, kaolin clay, titanium dioxide, rice powder, arrowroot powder, mica, iron oxides, ultramarines, tin oxide and serecite"

thanks for the picture meimei. i've been wanting to see how her makeup looks. :D

can you post the thread? is it here in acne.org? i really want to take a look at it.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Ok I'll wait till she returns....this was givin to me as the ingredients in another thread...maybe they were

mistaken.

Her label says: "may conatain: zinc oxide, kaolin clay, titanium dioxide, rice powder, arrowroot powder, mica, iron oxides, ultramarines, tin oxide and serecite"

Maybe different shades have different ingredients?

Bloodcries- what does your ingredient label show?

Anybody else who has it, what does yours show?

I've actually seen that label too. It was on the samples that she sent. I went looking for it but apparently I threw it away. It was the on the little sticker holding together the samples. I really don't think the foundations or blushes have mica. It might be in certain products or something. The best way to find out is to wait till she comes back and ask her.

Ok, I've been in LOVE with Crush minerals for a while now, and here's the skinny:

The card you get with your order, the "may contain" one does list mica, because it has to apply to all her cosmetics. Eyeshadows do conatain mica: hence you get fabulous colors like godess and banana berry!! ( try them if you haven't already!)

When I first sampled her make-up, I specifically asked about ingredients. Anything bound for your overall face: concealer, foundation, or blush, does not contain mica.

I too love the fact that her foundation, blush, and concealer do not contain mica. I had a brand before that contained mica and it seemed to rub easier. I wear Cursh Minerals all day and even when I do touch my face it stays out.

They are much more light weight than the other brands I have tried and match my cool skin tone better than any other brands.

What can I say, I love them.

When she gets back I'm going to ask her if she can make me a Mica free blush that is the same color as the "My Minerals" blush called "sassy"

You can see what it looks like at:

http://www.mymineralsmakeup.com/shadechartblush.htm

It is the last color (at the very bottom of the list).

This is an absolutely beautiful color, but again I hate the Mica. So if you'd like her to formulate this color give her an email. Maybe she'd formulate it for us if enough people request it.

Ok, I've been in LOVE with Crush minerals for a while now, and here's the skinny:

The card you get with your order, the "may contain" one does list mica, because it has to apply to all her cosmetics. Eyeshadows do conatain mica: hence you get fabulous colors like godess and banana berry!! ( try them if you haven't already!)

I adore her "nude" eye shadow... and petal is really nice too! :wub:

HI. I got samples from veggiegirl a while ago and fell in love with them. Before we began the whole process though I asked her what her ingredients were with an emphasis on mica and bismuth. This was her reply:

"As for ingredients, foundation is Zinc based w/ Kaolin, I do not use Mica in foundation or blush. All items are Vegan, no animal products used. I do not use oil, synthetic dyes, parabens, talc, cornstarch, nanoparticles of anything, coated ingredients, or anything I have personally had a bad experience with."

I hope this helps. I believe her eyeshadows and blush may contain mica for the shine, but as for the foundation.. no. And her "nude" eyeshadow is definately to die for :).

I actually like her whisper eye shadow! It really perks up my eyes! Also I'll mix in a lil of her copper eyeshadow on the rim of my eyelids if Im feelin a lil devious XD

u have to pm veggiegirl but I think she's gone on holiday... so it might take a little bit of time before she gets back to you

i just got my samples!!! yay!!! :dance: i have a question though. i'm a bit confused about the whole order of things though so if anyone can clear this up for me, please do!

i know the foundation/concealer goes first. but what about the rice powder, and satin finishing powder, and the glow-dust illuminating powder, as well as blush. which order do all of those go in?

please help! =)

I actually like her whisper eye shadow! It really perks up my eyes! Also I'll mix in a lil of her copper eyeshadow on the rim of my eyelids if Im feelin a lil devious XD

I'll check it out :).

Guest mishmosh
i just got my samples!!! yay!!! :dance: i have a question though. i'm a bit confused about the whole order of things though so if anyone can clear this up for me, please do!

i know the foundation/concealer goes first. but what about the rice powder, and satin finishing powder, and the glow-dust illuminating powder, as well as blush. which order do all of those go in?

please help! =)

what's rice powder? I didnt get that or the illuminating powder.

the rice powder takes away oilyness and the illuminating powder gives you a glow. i'm sure if you ask veggie girl, she'll give you some samples of those. :wub:

Guest mishmosh

Thank you. I think I will, but I will wait for her website first

<i feel a bit bad about asking for samples again as I live in England!)

There isn't a set order for all of those things ( wow, you really got the deluxe set!)

Try using the blush and the illuminating powder separately: you don't really want to put sparkly powder "all over," it just can go wherever you want.

The finishing powder and the rice powder do similar jobs, so you may just want to try one or the other and see which one is best. Maybe you'll wind up using the finishing powder when you first apply the makeup, and the rice powder for touch ups during the day.

thanks for the advice aghareeb :wub:

her makeup really isn't that expensive. they range from 4-11 USD for an item. i tried her makeup and loved it!!! i ordered some makeup already and i can't wait to use them. :D