Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
schootch

long term effects of bp gel and stress caused acne..

Well hello, very happy to find this forum.

Alright here is my speil.

My blemish problems are almost always caused by stress, and lately I have been trying to exercise more in order to release the tension. But still sometimes i feel like my blemishes are out of control because of it. Anyone have any advice on controlling stress acne?

Secondly, I am a very " natural" person, I'm not big on taking antibiotics unless necessary, or using strong chemicals on myself. I would like to try the " regimen" posted on here, but could anyone give me a back ground of BP gel? Does it have any health risks..cancer causing ingredients ect ect? The amount used in the " regimen" posted here kind of unerves me at the amount of product you are suppossed to use.

Well hello, very happy to find this forum.

Alright here is my speil.

My blemish problems are almost always caused by stress, and lately I have been trying to exercise more in order to release the tension. But still sometimes i feel like my blemishes are out of control because of it. Anyone have any advice on controlling stress acne?

Secondly, I am a very " natural" person, I'm not big on taking antibiotics unless necessary, or using strong chemicals on myself. I would like to try the " regimen" posted on here, but could anyone give me a back ground of BP gel? Does it have any health risks..cancer causing ingredients ect ect? The amount used in the " regimen" posted here kind of unerves me at the amount of product you are suppossed to use.

Hi

Like you I have stress related acne. Actually perioral dermtitis. Around mouth.

Only 2 things that worked for me were;

1) Cleanse/rinse and then

Jojoba Oil with 5% Tea Tree Oil you can use other oils like Manuka or lavender, morning and night.

Jojoba is moisturising and the essential oil kills bacteria and dissolves pus.

Or

2)Dan's Regimen using Cleanse/rinse,BP, & Moisturize morning and night.

In both cases you dont spot treat, you put it all over affected areas.

Dans Regimen is faster an keeps me consistently clearer but was more irritating at first, the natural regimen can be irritating as well especially at higher essential oil concentrations.

BP always works as its peroxide, theoretically bacteria could become resistant to essential oils.

BP's safety goes back since 30's.

There hasn't been a single reported case in almost 100 years of human cancer caused by BP.

You have to do either regimen for 3 months as thats up to how long it takes a zit to show itslef.

I was wary like you but in the end I figured trying it for a year is very unlikely to kill me and I need to use very little only about 1/3 finger BP twice daily. And the body naturally produces hydrogen peroxide, thats how your zits and scabs dry out naturally.

Anyway you have a choice, believe me both methods help, BP is better in my opinion :)