Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blondegirl21

Does The "Clear Skin Prescription" really work? (Dr.Perricones book)

I want to start the diet and try it, but I really dont feel like the foods I eat are whats causing my acne. I can eat anything I want, and still break out the same. Ive been on the atkins diet for 6 months before, which didnt change my acne one bit.(limits your sugars which is what Dr. Perricone is saying causes acne- your blood sugar levels rising) I just dont want to waste money on all these foods and it be just that- a waste. I can sit here and eat doritos, cookies, and candy all day, and my acne wont be any different than when i eat healthy. Can someone please tell me that theyve tried this and if it worked? Thanks!!!!

Check out http://www.quackwatch.org

Look for Dr. Perricone's name under "hot topics" on the main page. Notice that Kevin Trudeau is also there, and you can do a search on another con man, Don Lapre.

Oh, and if you want to watch a funny vid of Don Lapre in action, check this out.

http://www.davesdaily.com/videoclips/114-don_lapre.htm

I'm not saying you shouldn't try what Perricone advises, but just don't believe everything that you read from him. And remember, if it looks bogus, it is bogus.

Do you have the book from Perricone? If not go to the bookstore of library and check out the pictures in it. They didn't impress me much! They show people with mild acne in the before pictures and in the after pictures they still don't have good skin. It's your choice, it's not like eating the healthy foods in the plan will hurt you.

Hey T-Zone, thank you so much for posting that! this diet thing is driving me crazy and i'm with most of the people who say its NOT diet..i mean if you live off chips it might have an effect but if you lived off nothing but tomatoes it would probably do the same exact thing...all about balance right?

Check out http://www.quackwatch.org

Look for Dr. Perricone's name under "hot topics" on the main page. Notice that Kevin Trudeau is also there, and you can do a search on another con man, Don Lapre.

Oh, and if you want to watch a funny vid of Don Lapre in action, check this out.

http://www.davesdaily.com/videoclips/114-don_lapre.htm

I'm not saying you shouldn't try what Perricone advises, but just don't believe everything that you read from him. And remember, if it looks bogus, it is bogus.

thanks for posting that link for me to read. It really gave me some relief cause I felt deep inside that diet just isnt my cause- Like I said Ive tried many different diets not for acne reasons, but for health reasons, and I my acne has never gotten any worse or any better while doing so. His book seems nice, and you want to believe it, but its just too good to be true. I also figured that if it worked so well, that I would have heard about it long ago. On another note, I probably wouldnt even last long on the diet anyway even if it gave me completely clear skin, cause I dont have time to buy special foods- I eat healthy, but cant just never eat a chip or cake on my birthday again! I would be greatly depressed. Anyway, I dont think the diet is bad, if someone wanted to follow his book, it would probably be really healthy, but as far as acne goes...not a cure. :naughty: