Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

you will break out like youve never broken out before if you use vaseline, go get some cetaphil facial mostorizer or something. even if you use vaseline for your lips, and later touch your face you could get a pimple.

check this out.. like it says 100% Pure Petroleum Jelly

Hypo-allergenic and Won't Clog Pores

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/buyinprivate/vaslarsiztub.html

and here is some other info off another site

Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

Descriptions

The Ultimate Moisturizer

Dermatologist recommended

Unscented

Hypoallergenic

Won't clog pores

Provides visible relief of dry skin when used regularly

Removes eye make-up

Offers soothing protection for minor burns

Protects skin from wind burn and chapping

Helps prevent diaper rash

http://www.unilever.ca/products/index.asp?...ateId=11&type=2

ok i'm reading people saying different things?

i don't know what to believe?

i've never used a mosturizer on my face because everytime i do it makes my skin really oily(even though it's super dry) and makes me break out.

id be suprised if it didnt break you out, even tho it says it wont. if you dont like mostorizers because they are too greasy then you definilty wont want to use vaseline. cetaphil facial mostorizer works for me and i dont find it greasy like others.

IT DOESN'T BREAK ME OUT I USE IT WHEN MY FACE IS VERY VERY DRY FROM OVER EXFOLIATING ETC AND I DON'T GET ANY PIMPLES....STRICTLY a mighttime moisturiser though!I always use it when i have a scab as it keeps it moist and helps reduce the likelihood of scarring

ya vaseline is good as a moisterizer.. use it before you go to sleep and wash it off in the morning.. it shoudl help :D

and MrPink- vaseline.. wouldnt make anyone break out :\

its a great moisterizer

YA...I woodnt really listen to any of these guys, go to your local dermatologist and ask him, or you could go to a CVS or Walgreens and ask the Pharmachist...there most likley to know. :D

theres only one way to find out if it breaks YOU out. Go ahead and experiment, you will never know till you try.

I have attempted using vas as a moisturizer once or twice and I aint going to be trying it again. It broke me out like crazy. I dont like to judge things that I havent used for 6 weeks, but it broke me out soo bad I couldent/wouldent give it shot for 6 weeks.

IMO I would try mouisturizers first, have you ever used emu oil - its awesome.

my 2 cents

peace

theres only one way to find out if it breaks YOU out. Go ahead and experiment, you will never know till you try.

I have attempted using vas as a moisturizer once or twice and I aint going to be trying it again. It broke me out like crazy. I dont like to judge things that I havent used for 6 weeks, but it broke me out soo bad I couldent/wouldent give it shot for 6 weeks.

IMO I would try mouisturizers first, have you ever used emu oil - its awesome.

my 2 cents

peace

I like emu oil a lot too!!!! I get mine off of ebay. The seller I won from also has a website www.emuranch.com it is real good stuff!

As far as Vaseline....I have been wondering the same thing and think I might try it on a dry spot on my cheek, just to see. I have heard it was fine for all types of skin. I have used Vaseline to remove my eye makeup for most of my life and it has been fine in that respect.....

It is cheap enough to try and can always be used for other things if you don't like it for your face.