Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been depressed for the four or so years I've battled with acne scarring. I've tried numerous treatments - nothing has helped. In fact some just made them worse, I'm sure. Laser is not an option because of my skin type. I wouldn't have the money anyway. Nevertheless I've obtained a referral and will consult with yet another derm to get another opinion and help regarding treatment. I'm not booked till Feb 2006. What's four months? :rolleyes:

My problems so far (I'm sure most of you can concur): I've thought about suicide, I'm anti social and have lost friends because of it, I avoid the sun and seldom go outside when I know other people will be present, I avoid shopping for groceries at night because of the harsh lighting, I refrain from turning up to parties in fear of ridicule, I've skipped classes at University because of self conscious issues.. the list goes on. I'm 22, almost 23. These are the years I'm supposed to enjoy my life - I'm f+cking miserable and I'm bloody sick of it.

So, what am I going to do? Well, f+ckit, I'm gonna accept this shit I'm dealing with, live life and move on. It'll be hard, I know. I realise there's probably no hope to fix my blemishes. I'm not perfect but why whinge, cry and mope around?

Geez, I really don't know what else to say. I'm sitting here, furious as hell. My life's a bitch because of my scars. It's bloody amazing how something so superficial can really f+ck you up in the head. In fact, I'm really messed up. My personality has changed. I hate what I've become. I've never turned to drug or alcohol abuse, so I guess that's a positive.

I always contemplate "If only, if only"..... if I didn't have scars life would be perfect. But I do, and it's not. So yes, move on, forget about it. Accept I'll never be scar free.

S that's all really. I'm f+cking over it. I guess I wanted to share my rant; let all this emotion out. Maybe I'll seek some professional help - a shrink. Don't know. I COULD end it all, if you know what I mean. But suicide isn't the answer, it's an easy way out. I'm stronger than that, I know. So I must deal with it because I'm so f+cking over it. Live life for Christ's sake.

That is all.

That was a very nice post. No one should have to live with acne and scarring, but it seems you are doing a great job of living your life despite the adversity you've been confronted with. You're in university and have avoided abusing drugs or alcohol. You have alot to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of. There are things in life you can't control, this is what makes life so sad, but you are clearly doing everything that you can about the things that you can control, and that's all anyone can ask. Take pride in what you've achieved in life and don't worry about anyone who tries to judge you based on things that are beyond your control. Don't compare yourself to other people, everyone has different opportunities and different problems to deal with. Every choice you make is a chance to be the person you want to be, and once you figure out who that is you'll be a happier person.

j