Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well...my boyfriend and i have this idea that we would get married in 3 years time..coz thats when i finish my degree and stuff. And so..being the dreamy one.. i spend alot of time daydreaming about my wedding day. Like its gonna be perfect and i would look great in the white gown. Just like today... :wub: and then....*screech* (i literally heard that sound in my head) I looked into the bathroom mirror and saw all those scars. Then it got me so down..i started thinking to myself..who am i kidding? I am gonna look awful on my wedding day. And when the pictures are ready its gonna kill me. sigh* and you know what...i dont want makeup..i want my skin to be normal again! And so..then when all this got me thinking..i started dreading my wedding day! Acne is such a bitch! Ok just a dumb whining session but i typed it out anyway to vent!

Well...my boyfriend and i have this idea that we would get married in 3 years time..coz thats when i finish my degree and stuff. And so..being the dreamy one.. i spend alot of time daydreaming about my wedding day. Like its gonna be perfect and i would look great in the white gown. Just like today... :wub: and then....*screech* (i literally heard that sound in my head) I looked into the bathroom mirror and saw all those scars. Then it got me so down..i started thinking to myself..who am i kidding? I am gonna look awful on my wedding day. And when the pictures are ready its gonna kill me. sigh* and you know what...i dont want makeup..i want my skin to be normal again! And so..then when all this got me thinking..i started dreading my wedding day! Acne is such a bitch! Ok just a dumb whining session but i typed it out anyway to vent!

totally....agree... i am now 22...and my bf always asks me when we will get married.... n i always says " until my face gets normal"...... that really turns him off... because he also thinks it's gonna take forever... too...We've been together for 6 years.. He saw me from having clear ..beautiful skin to having severe acne to getting crazy while on accutane and to now when i still get mild to moderate acne...He also saw me trying out all different medications and never succeeded. THIS ACNE THING really has a negative impact on our relationship... He sometimes gets so pissed off because i always talk about my acne... he feels like we have no common interests...All i wanna talk about is my acne... how it's getting worse...so on... I always stay home because i look bad...and he alwys want to go out and have fun... I used to be VERY outgoing...We always went out til 3-4am...on weekends ... NOW..it's a whole different story.. I am like a patient that he needs to take care of...emotionally all the time and he can possibly do nothing to make me or my acne better...wooo... i think i am saying too much..kinda off topic... Anyways..I am not going to have acne on my wedding day... i won't let that happen.... i wlll try anythin i can to have a clear skin that day.....and get ALL da ATTENTIONS!!

I know exactly what you girls mean, I'm getting married in Las Vegas in February 2006 and it's got to the point where I'm almost dreading it too! I'm so scared my skin will break out in the heat there, and I'll look hot from the neck downwards in my sexy dress, and then i'll have a big zitty chin!! I keep complaining about it to my boyfriend, but I'm trying not to talk about it so much now, because I dont want him to get sick of me...but hey..it's good to know I'm not insane and other people feel like me! It's so sad that acne can even ruin the happiest day of your life.. :cry:

totally....agree... i am now 22...and my bf always asks me when we will get married.... n i always says " until my face gets normal"...... that really turns him off... because he also thinks it's gonna take forever... too...We've been together for 6 years.. He saw me from having clear ..beautiful skin to having severe acne to getting crazy while on accutane and to now when i still get mild to moderate acne...He also saw me trying out all different medications and never succeeded. THIS ACNE THING really has a negative impact on our relationship... He sometimes gets so pissed off because i always talk about my acne... he feels like we have no common interests...All i wanna talk about is my acne... how it's getting worse...so on... I always stay home because i look bad...and he alwys want to go out and have fun... I used to be VERY outgoing...We always went out til 3-4am...on weekends ... NOW..it's a whole different story.. I am like a patient that he needs to take care of...emotionally all the time and he can possibly do nothing to make me or my acne better...wooo... i think i am saying too much..kinda off topic... Anyways..I am not going to have acne on my wedding day... i won't let that happen.... i wlll try anythin i can to have a clear skin that day.....and get ALL da ATTENTIONS!!

Its good to see that you're comfortable enough to talk to him about your acne problem. Thats like the first barrier. As for me...i hate it when people even talk about it...its really embarassing for me. I guess both our guys dont really care if we have 1 or 100 pimples .. its just our inner demon. Oh well...someday..we're all gonna get clear. I'll never give up hope

I know exactly what you girls mean, I'm getting married in Las Vegas in February 2006 and it's got to the point where I'm almost dreading it too! I'm so scared my skin will break out in the heat there, and I'll look hot from the neck downwards in my sexy dress, and then i'll have a big zitty chin!! I keep complaining about it to my boyfriend, but I'm trying not to talk about it so much now, because I dont want him to get sick of me...but hey..it's good to know I'm not insane and other people feel like me! It's so sad that acne can even ruin the happiest day of your life.. :cry:

Oh thats great. :wub: i love marriages. I think that the most important thing is to not stress about it. Stress = pimples. At least you know that he loves you enough to marry you despite your acne problems or anything. And i agree that you should not keep talking to him about it coz i dont think he even realises its such a big deal to you because he sees past it. But we're always here to listen to your complaints. :)

Hey I want beautiful skin on my wedding day too! Guys can dream right? :)

Something similar is that when my ex and I were together, before bed I'd always take 1 hour to get ready! You know the routine of washing face, toner, apply bp, wait for it to dry..... And I always felt like that would ruin our "together" time. Who wants to cuddle with a bp creamy faced guy? Worse, her family knew me as the guy with so many skin creams. I mean, how un-manly can that make a guy feel. Oh well, it's pretty funny :)

Something similar is that when my ex and I were together, before bed I'd always take 1 hour to get ready! You know the routine of washing face, toner, apply bp, wait for it to dry..... And I always felt like that would ruin our "together" time. Who wants to cuddle with a bp creamy faced guy? Worse, her family knew me as the guy with so many skin creams. I mean, how un-manly can that make a guy feel. Oh well, it's pretty funny :)

Well you look like a good looking guy in your pic so I'm sure she wont notice a few zits! you will look great, prettygurl is right..stress = pimples, so we all have to stop worrying!! *slaps self* lol

dude.. you shouldnt be worrying. you're a hottie ;) Its always nice to see men who take care of themselves. But don't overdo it..your girl might get jealous thinking that you love yourself more than her. lol

Guest pokerbugg

marriage? god no...why would u want to get married? the thought spooks me out :shifty:

Guest mishmosh

Dont bother getting wed til you are in your mid 20s at least Miss Bugg!

marriage? god no...why would u want to get married? the thought spooks me out :shifty:

well think of it this way...you get laid anytime you want without the risk of getting herpes. lol. Oh and if hes faithful, caring, rich and hot..you've hit the jackpot. ;)

AS for me..i wanna marry my bf cause hes like my other half. Sometimes he does the thinking for me..sometimes he gets upset for me when i have had a terrible day.. I think the best thing about it is the idea of coming home from a long day in the cruel world thats cold and unbending and having someone receive you in his arms.. and then you feel safe and comforted. I know that you dont have to be married to do that..but its different really. Its like you belong to each other. :wub:

Thanks for the support. :) I guess it's not that bad having to put on all the creams, but my ex would always poke fun. There's so many classic stories, like Christmas day, when everyone hurries down to get presents, and I'm 1 hr late putting on my face creams. Then there's the vacation problems, when everyone wants to go eat buffet breakfast but I'm stuck putting on my face creams. Then I miss the buffet entirely. Then you come back from a club drunk and you want to pass out on your bed, but no, you have to put on your face creams, drunk. Can anyone relate? :D Oh, and let's not forget the fact that overnight weekend trips just don't work! Where can I put on my face creams?

I always have a little chuckle thinking about it, but it's still a pain.