Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering what the "tingling" feeling on my face is. I get it from time to time. Does the tingling mean the acne is worsening?

I was wondering what the "tingling" feeling on my face is. I get it from time to time. Does the tingling mean the acne is worsening?

Lucky, It's the mites, Demodex mites

"Tickling sensation on the face. This occurs most frequently on the lower nose, forehead and cheeks, especially in the evening and night. This is the highest period of activity, usually when they mate. Many people are not aware of this tickle, because it starts gradually and it becomes an automatic reaction to scratch without noticing. You may have observed someone repeatedly scratching his face without realizing it.'

http://www.demodexsolutions.com/

on edit, check the FAQ section for more tell tale signs.

Its probably the sebum (the oil) on your face, as it is slightly acidic. Happens to me sometimes but washing my face cures it.

I wouldnt start worrying about mites just yet.

Its probably the sebum (the oil) on your face, as it is slightly acidic. Happens to me sometimes but washing my face cures it.

I wouldnt start worrying about mites just yet.

If you suffer from acne or rosacea you should be worrying about "mites" this very second. Ignorance and sarcasm aren't substitues for facts and results. I should know, after suffering with acne for more then 25 years treating myself for demodex mites was the only thing that cured me, yes CURED me.

I suggest you read up more on the subject and see how easy it is to check for mites on your own face before poo pooing something so legitimate.

How do you check for mites

It's a simple scrape test where by you scrape the sides of your nose then transfer the scraping to a slide to be viewed under a microscope. I know, many people don't have a microscope but you only need one capable of viewing items 40x powe,r hence a toy type would work.

Anyway, go to this link and read the FAQ and do yourself a favor and read as much of the site as you can. There is also a message board area. http://www.demodexsolutions.com

BP prolly kills the mites...

It isn't wise to make off the cuff comments about something many find to be not only serious but the major stumbling block for having a normal life. BP doesn't kill the mites. BP has an antibacterial effect through oxygenation of the peroxide.

As i've mentioned in this thread, I suggest you put away some time to read up more on Demodex Mites and it's relationship to acne.

You will be happy you did.

Good luck.

How do you check for mites

It's a simple scrape test where by you scrape the sides of your nose then transfer the scraping to a slide to be viewed under a microscope. I know, many people don't have a microscope but you only need one capable of viewing items 40x powe,r hence a toy type would work.

Anyway, go to this link and read the FAQ and do yourself a favor and read as much of the site as you can. There is also a message board area. http://www.demodexsolutions.com

BP prolly kills the mites...

It isn't wise to make off the cuff comments about something many find to be not only serious but the major stumbling block for having a normal life. BP doesn't kill the mites. BP has an antibacterial effect through oxygenation of the peroxide.

As i've mentioned in this thread, I suggest you put away some time to read up more on Demodex Mites and it's relationship to acne.

You will be happy you did.

Good luck.

ok thats nice no need for attitude...im sorry but I tend to not get my research from a site that's trying to sell me a product....I wouldnt be surprised if steaming works to kill it... most small organisms cant survive very warm tempatures..

I read the information... I just dont think you need products that expensive to kill off a mite... I was being honset when I think that steam would kill it... especially if you used some esential oils in the steam...

I read the information... I just dont think you need products that expensive to kill off a mite... I was being honset when I think that steam would kill it... especially if you used some esential oils in the steam...

WOW, well I give you credit, considering I find myself to be an avid reader and it took me many many hours to go through all the informayion posted on the site. I should say after reading all the information including the medical reports I can't figure out how anyone who has suffered with this disease could not have hope of it's effectiveness.

BTW, "expensive" you call $29 US dollar expensive for a product that I used nightly for almost 3 months? Let' me tell you, over the years I have used many products, otc and prescription as an example, I used Retin A about 10 years ago which ran me $50 US dollar for 1 months supply. I think most people here are quite aware of what prescriptions have cost them over time. These products were a bargain beyond belief.

Listen, I'm pretty sure no matter what I say you will have your head set on finding your own home brew to get you by. This information was given so people could be helped and by being helped I mean taking it upon oneself to thoroughly read through all the information posted and using the products as directed. All products listed aren't needed for treatment. Many are suited for people who have certian problems that need focus. then again if you thoroughly read through the site you would know this.

Millions ( yes millions) of people have been helped by these products with major success. The main product has been available in China since the late 50's early 60's.

Good Day

really? the stuff lasted you that long? I just remember I bought a "blue flame purifaction mask" last year that cost like 30.00 and lasted like 2 weeks i was like URGh didnt help not buying more I wont bash it I guess...it just seemed like you were advertising for them at first because you're a new member here etc...

it is something worth looking into... but im still confused...what about dust mites... there are tons of them on ur pillow and clothes how do you get rid of them? or atleast minimize!

really? the stuff lasted you that long? I just remember I bought a "blue flame purifaction mask" last year that cost like 30.00 and lasted like 2 weeks i was like URGh didnt help not buying more I wont bash it I guess...it just seemed like you were advertising for them at first because you're a new member here etc...

it is something worth looking into... but im still confused...what about dust mites... there are tons of them on ur pillow and clothes how do you get rid of them? or atleast minimize!

yes, honestly the product did last me that long. They actually advertise the product as 1 month supply but they also say it will last longer. The thing is with this product if kept in a mild temp say 60 65 degrees F its more of a hard cream. Not much is needed at all to cover the entire face. Actually by reading their message board you will see most people over use the product ( applying too much).

I can fully understand as a new person here how people would take me as a spamming shill but honestly i'm not. I suffered with acne as I've said for over 25 years. I'm now working on scarring issues etc. I have nothing at all to do with this comapny other than buying their products. After my intial treatment which took about 4 months to fight the mites I now use the product on occasion because most people become reinfected with mites. Demodex mites are very common in most people although most people don't have a reaction to their living , feeding and dying on them. It's kind of the comparison where you hear of people being allergic to strawberries. Most people have no problem with strawberries but for those that do, look out, swelling, rash and somethimes more serious reactions take place.

Mites can also be transferred from pets. Unfortunetly I do have a pet but at this point would never consider getting rid of it because of the mites.

When I first started using their product I went through a period of more breakouts ( as most people do). This is because the mites are literally dying within your skin. I also had breakouts on my back, upper chest and scalp. This happens in some as the mites try to migrate away from the area being treated ( face). They migrate and eventually die there by causing breakouts in that area. For those prone, the body has a bad reaction to this foriegn invader and white blood cells etc are sent to fight the enemy. For some they receive no intial break-out, for others it will last a while. In my case from the time i started the product to the time I would say I had everything under control was a period of 4 months.

The site I listed has a message board where people discuss treatment and try to help one another. By reading that message board you will see that for a small group treatment is a very slow process. People with Roscaea and sever Cystic acne have shown a slow healing process.

Another benifet I received by using this product was my once outrageous oil production was decreased by at least 65%. It turns out what I thought was %100 sebum production was in fact decompising mites after their death, They turn into a liquid form which is expelled through the sebacious gland along with our regular sebum.

I understand to read all of this sounds like a horror movies but this is in fact what is going on.

I do hope you and everyone else looking in on this thread take it upon yourself to read more into it. Don't just take my word for. After reading as much as you can I'm sure you will understand the basic science behind this.

Once again I have NO affilation with this company. I HAVE been a life long suffer of acne and I'm relating to others a treatment that i found that worked for me %100. This info I'm listing comes from a good heart not some scamming sales pitch to turn a buck.

Best to all.

Shadow, I see you are going off in another avenue with your "dust mite" question. I know nothing about dust mites but the name suggests to me that dust mites can in fact live and survive on the composition of dust.

The human body is the HOST for Demodex Mites. they breed, feed, live and die on your body. More to the point they survive in the sebaceous glands of your skin. Which we all know is the point of concern with acne.

Try not to let your mind wonder in different directions with various theories. The information on demodex mites is straight forward and to the point.

Best to you

ok sorry i admit i was a bit hasty with my reply, but mites have not been widley discussed on these boards and your reply seemed like one of the typical -here look at this website and send us your money! posts.

However ive now looked into the subject and its certianly interesting, and many of the symptoms hit home.

I know for a fact my cat had them, and my cat is sleeping on my bed right now!

Im planning to do a self test for mites tomorrow if i find any i will be looking at ways to get rid of them! (starting with the cat :D )

Dont know if i will buy any of the facial products though as theres no mention of them being non comedogenic.

Thanks

erh. well, i began alex's "do-nothing-regime" and over the past 2-3 days, my whiteheads cleared up pretty quickly compared to "normal speed". as for the mites, i'm wondering if less sebum means less demodex mite activity.

if so, i'm planning to follow alex's regime and wait until my sebum resides to a lower rate. so far, i haven't noticed a drop on sebum production on my face, but i'm going to follow through until the results prove otherwise.

ok sorry i admit i was a bit hasty with my reply, but mites have not been widley discussed on these boards and your reply seemed like one of the typical -here look at this website and send us your money! posts.

However ive now looked into the subject and its certianly interesting, and many of the symptoms hit home.

Im planning to do a self test for mites tomorrow if i find any i will be looking at ways to get rid of them! (starting with the cat :D )

Dont know if i will buy any of the facial products though as theres no mention of them being non comedogenic.

Thanks

Your Welcome, but understand that getting rid of your cat wont get rid of the demodex mites. although it can help with you being reinfected. You see many people have demodex mites but most don't suffer with acne or roscea because of them.

I have a dog now for the past 7 years that was headed to the pound for the second time in it's life. At the time I really didn't want a pet but I didn't want the poor thing heading to the slaughter house. Anyway, when i first started reading about demodex mites I thought back to when i first got the dog and realized my outbreak became much worse. To date there aren't alot of studies on pet to human cross over with the mites but for those of us who have read up on demodex mites we understand how it can happen.

A fellow sufferer and poster on the Demodex Solution message board has found by treating your pet with the product "Frontline" flea and tick treatment you can help in ridding them of mites as well. So if I were you I would consider that product before abandoning a pet who is in need of love.

Also you can be easily reinfected by close contact with a partner, kissing, holding faces together through hugging etc. Like i've mentioned many people carry the mites but not everyone reacts like we do, acne etc.

The product are not comedogenic. Understand when you visit that site, it has been designed in Belgium and much of the information comes across as broken English.

The products do usually cause more outbreaks in the begining do to the mites dying etc. but this is not do the ingredents.

There are two main products for eliminating the mites. They are Zhongzhou cream ( which i use). This product is wonderful for those with oily skin. Although some have complained of it's over drying ability. For me the so called drying is a God send. This is the product I used nightly for 3 months. The key is to keep it in a cool spot ( not refridgerator) as it stays a hard cream and goes a long long way. http://www.demodexsolutions.com/vpasp05/shopexd.asp?id=25

The other main product is the Xin Fumanling Cream both with and without"metronidazole". Some have complained of metronidazole slightly irrating their skin, hence the company formulatted a product without the metronidazole. When i first started using the Zhongzhou cream I started to breakout over my back, chest and scalp. This was from the mites trying to migrate away from the area i was treating ( the face). I used this Xin Fumanling Cream to treat those areas ( not scalp) because the the product was lighter and i was able to apply it myself to the back etc. Within 1 week those breakouts were under control. http://www.demodexsolutions.com/vpasp05/shopexd.asp?id=24

Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble on. I just wanted to provide some more detailed info for those looking in on this thread.

Best to you.

erh. well, i began alex's "do-nothing-regime" and over the past 2-3 days, my whiteheads cleared up pretty quickly compared to "normal speed". as for the mites, i'm wondering if less sebum means less demodex mite activity.

if so, i'm planning to follow alex's regime and wait until my sebum resides to a lower rate. so far, i haven't noticed a drop on sebum production on my face, but i'm going to follow through until the results prove otherwise.

Lucky, The mites live in the sebaceous gland and every human being has sebaceous glands. Also understand that what you may think is %100 sebum/oily skin may in fact be a combination of your bodies own oil production and the decomposing bodies of the mites themselves. Sounds gross I know but very true. When the mites die they turn into a liquid that is expelled with your normal sebum production. In my case my so called oily skin was reduced by %65 at least.

For those of us with a negative reaction to the mites, the mites also set up a negative chain reaction with our bodies defense mechanism. We can in fact produce more sebum as a reaction to the mites being there and also white blood cells are sent in to invade a foriegn enemy to our bodies where infection has started ( acne pustule).

......and so the vicious circle begins until the mites are taken care of.

Best to you

Thanks

BTW Rivercard, If you infact do the test I suggest you go to the Demodex Solution site and follow their step by step guide for getting the best sample. I believe it's covered in the FAQ section but it's worth going about the sampling they way they would like you to. Of course you would want the best sample possible.

Best to you

mites...nice theory but i'm afraid its not that practical. I would estimate that maybe a FRACTION of the population had this but not the numbers you're suggesting. Sorry to crush your theory but it just doesn't work out in the long run. *undergraduate degree in epidemiology*

mites...nice theory but i'm afraid its not that practical. I would estimate that maybe a FRACTION of the population had this but not the numbers you're suggesting. Sorry to crush your theory but it just doesn't work out in the long run. *undergraduate degree in epidemiology*

"my theory"? Try the discovery of Dr. Zhao Zhongzhou which has been researched and backed up by numerous doctors world wide.

Perhaps in your years of studies you should have put more focus on research and comprehension, perhaps then you wouldn't project such arrogance and show how uninformed people could be.

Try visiting this site and click on the area called "All about Demodex". Honestly, you are doing a grave disservice to all here who have suffered from this disease.

http://www.demodexsolutions.com/

don't get smart ass with me. I went to the site. I see the information. And i am willing to admit that some people may have a condition.

What your error is consitutes fraud tho as you are GENERALIZING to a larger audience.

If anyone needs a lesson in less arrogance its you. I was simply saying its not the case for EVERYONE. A good scientific theory does not make sweeping generalizations.

Its called scientific method and theory for a reason.

don't get smart ass with me. I went to the site. I see the information. And i am willing to admit that some people may have a condition.

What your error is consitutes fraud tho as you are GENERALIZING to a larger audience.

If anyone needs a lesson in less arrogance its you. I was simply saying its not the case for EVERYONE. A good scientific theory does not make sweeping generalizations.

Its called scientific method and theory for a reason.

There is a term for someone like you and that term is "troll". Why someone like yourself gets cheap kicks out of causing disruption of open and informative dialogue while online is beyond me.

If you are in fact in studies dealing with epidemiology ( which I take with a huge grain of salt based on your two posts), you would be able to apply a medical mind and understanding to the reports and papers shown on that site. Instead you cast aside the writings of ACTUAL doctors who have been treating people with the products I mentioned with more than a %90 cure rate.

After this post you will no longer be fed. Your rantings speak for themselves.

"With an invention patent granted by China’s State Patent Office, the ointment wiped acne off the faces of 93.46 % of 107 patients who took part in a clinical test in 1985-86."

"A survey of 2,723 acne cases, conducted at the Hospital Affiliated with the Military Medicine Academy in Beijing, No.2 Hospital Affiliated with the Shenyang Medical College and six other clinics around the country, between March 1986 and October 1992, revealed an improvement rate of 99,7 % and a cure rate of 93,39 %."

"Over the past few years, Zhao says, researchers from many countries including the United States, New Zealand, Australia and China have been investigating the incidence of demodicidosis among the population, What they found was a conformity, each country reported an infection rate of approximately 60 %, while the rate of incidence, mostly through contagion, was around 10 %."

"After numerous failures, Zhao developed an ointment that contained both traditional Chinese herbs and Western medicines, and in a few months, he was delighted to find it cured his comrade of the rosacea.

“That was back in 1956� Zhao says.

“I was fairly young and curious. I asked myself, why not try the ointment on others and see if it also effects a cure ?"

So he did, from 1956 – 76, his cure rate remained about 80 %, while the total rate of his ointment being effective to a reasonable degree approached 100 %."

"Zhongzhou Ointment is used for the treatment and prevention of demodectic dermatitis found on the human face (acne, rosacea)) by killing Demodiciodea in the skin.

Its total effective rate is 99.7% and curable rate is 93.46%, which is 3.8 times greater than that of the same type of medicine used in other parts of the world.

Zhongzhou Ointment was used for treating patients diagnosed as having demodectic dermatitis and the effect of mite killing (P< 0.01) is remarkable.

Reference 1: Report of the pharmacology and toxicology test for the application of new medicine."

"Clinical experiments were conducted in the following eight hospitals- the Affiliated Hospital of Shandong Medical University, Affiliated Huashan Hospital of Shanghai Medical University, Beijing Xuanwu Hospital, Shandong Prevention and Treatment Institute of Dermatopathy, Jinan Prevention and Treatment Institute of Dermatopathy, Qindgao No. 2 People’s Hospital, Taian Central Hospital and People’s Hospital of Heze Prefecture.

The results showed that of the 308 patients (with 112 cases as control group using 5% sulphur cream) show that the Xin Fumanling cream has significant curative effects and it has 94.96 % curable efficiency for brandy nose and 85.37 % curable efficiency for acne, the therapeutic effort is better than that of the 5 % sulphur cream."

LOL...papines, if you can find one other person on this forum to try the "mite killing" product who clears up permanently, I'll give you $1,000.

You're telling me that mites cause adolescent acne...in some people, and yet not in others? It's a mite problem, right?

So I let my dog sleep on my bed when I'm at home...I get acne. But guess what?! When I go to college, my acne doesn't change at all. Still get it.

And also, here's another thing--EVERYONE will find things crawling around if they use enough of a high powered microscope to look at something scraped from their face. There's microscopic creatures on everyone.