Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

MORNING:

- Got 2B Pore Me Deep Pore Scrub (in the shower)

- Witch Hazel (toner)

AFTERNOON:

A quick splash with warm water

EVENING:

- Spectro Jel (sensitive/acne prone)

- Witch Hazel (toner)

OTHERS:

- Once a week (possibly switch to twice) Got 2B Pure Intent Clay Masque

- Polysporin cream on any new pimples, use it like a spot treatment

- Might possibly add a moisturizer (Vichy's Anti Imperfection Hydrating Care) as the weather gets colder

- Also might switch to Spectro Jel combination skill in the winter

Just a quick background on my acne: I have actually stopped getting constant major breakouts. I might get 3 or 4 small/medium pimples a week, but those are easily calmed down with Polysporin cream. What I am dealing with mostly is:

- Scars all over my cheeks, worst on my right side

- Red bumps on forhead; small but never seem to go away

- Tons of blackheads/whites on nose

- Improving skin tone (cheeks) and shine (forhead)

- Oily skin, mainly as the day progresses

Most of the pimples I get are on my chin, due to my bad habit of resting my chin on just about anything =D. These tend to be painful, but like I said, are easily calmed down thanks to the Polysporin cream.

I have been using this regimen since Monday, and so far, I have been extremely pleased with the products, but as alawys, I am being cautious -___-.

UPDATE ON MY FACE: Shine and red bumps are very noticeable, the bumps being right above my eyebrows. No new pimples on my chin. A few VERY small bumps near my sideburns but they don't seem to be anything serious. Cheeks generally smooth, but scars are still noticeable. Haven't seen much improvement yet, but as they say, patience is a virtue =\. Blackheads on the nose still the same. I noticed that they appear much less noticeable right after the scrub in the morning, but then re-surface (if that's even possible o__O) during the day. Will be doing my evening routine soon. I like to do it atleast at least 1-2 hours before I go to bed, to let all the products seep in so they just don't end up on my pillow. It works great, and I suggest other people do this, if they have the time =D! Will be using the clay masque for the first time tomorrow night, looking forward to that!

So I used the Got 2B Pure Intent Clay Masque for the first time tonight - quite a different experience. First of all, I have never used ANY masks before. I started off by steaming my face, but only for about 5 minutes. Can't do it any longer than that. I applied a thin layer, just like it said on the bottle, and awaited the 10 minutes. At first, it didn't feel like much, but by 3 minutes, I made the somewhat horrifying discovery that I couldn't move my face! Well I could, just barely. The thing was ... pulsating. Not sure if that's the right word, but it seems to describe it well enough. It felt like (to me) that it was doing some hard-core suction on my face, which I guess is good. By the end of the 10 minutes, I realised I hadn't even opened my mouth once o__O. Rinsed it off with warm/hot water and skin felt incredibly smooth. I decided I would still apply the Witch Hazel toner, and now my face kind of feels tingly, odd, but good.

SKIN UPDATE:

Bumps on forhead still persistant =(. I never use anything on my forhead, because it seems like it is it's own seperate acne zone, completely different from my cheeks, but I may put the masque on it next time. After the steaming/masque, my red marks and scars look extremely better. A few small bumbs near my nose, and small pimple forming near my sideburns on my left side. Nothing too serious though. Over all, my skin is feeling tight, but good. I'm hoping the masque won't bring EVERYTHING up to surface, though I am assuming that would be a good thing. Ah well, I'll see tomorrow I guess!

whoa you got the clay masque! i'm so envious cuz i wanted one too but drugstore was out of stock when i ordered. bummer. good luck there!

*BEGIN RANT*

So today was a stressful day at work. With 649 up to $30 million, and Halloween just around the corner, PharmaPlus was packed up. Basically what happend was that I was on cash, and I had quite a lengthy line, and a woman comes and buys a couple items, chocolate bars, and what not. Now most of these items had gone off sale, but the sale sticker was still up, so I was obliged to give her the sale price, which I did, without a second though. However, I forgot about the extra Airmiles, and when I finished ringing her up, the airmiles did not show up. So I told her I could put the airmiles on her card, it wasn't a big deal. She eyed me, and then the line and was all like "Oh, I think I'll go talk to the MANAGER. I'm sure HE'LL be able to fix it!" ARGH, the tone of her voice just drove me insane. You could tell that she thought I was just some inane, useless worker who she thought was trying to rip her off of 3 precious airmiles. PULEAZE! So she went and got my supervisor, and his cash was right next to mine, so I could hear their entire conversation. She was all like, Oh I had to tell him this and that, because HE kept getting the price wrong. hfsdiuhsduifh(!?!?!) AND THEN, making things worse, she pointed out how I accidently over charged her on her chocolate bars, and wanted her money back. Oh, that over-charge was 20 cents, by the way. ... 20 EFFIN' CENTS! How much of a prude can you be?!? Hell, I was just about to rip those chocolate bars out of her hand, tell her to save another layer off her already fat ass! Mean, I know, but I was pissed. At the end, she was all, "Oh thank you for fixing this big mistake." At the time she walking out the door, I was ringing through a litre bottle of Pepsi ... oh the temptations! Argh, and on top of that, we had these talking skeleton heads out for display, Halloween decorations. And everytime some little shit of a kid walked into the store, he/she would autmatically start pressing the buttons, playing them all at once. Now, these were annoying on their own, but all of them going at one time with some lil prat laughing in the backgroud is just mind-grating! It's just so tempting to punt the kids out through the glass windows. I hate children. Oh, and top of THAT, I was $30 short on my till.

*END OF RANT*

SKIN UPDATE: Well, now that that is out of the way, on to my face =D. Surprising, I didn't have much of a breakout from the masque, which was good, cause my day at work would've just made it worse. Scars and red marks look like they are improving. After I did my evening routine, I dabbed some polysporin on a new zit I found along my jawline (those are always painful), and the bumps on forhead (taking a risk here). Also on the bumps near my sideburns. All in all, I think some progress has been made! Oh and just thought I would add that I also (usually) shave every morning. I use Gilette Mach 3 Turbo, and Gilette Skin Renewal Shaving Gel. I was using the sensitive skin shaving gel, but I decided to give this one a go. Apparently it has vitamin C and ginseng in it, and all the shaving gels from Gilette are the same price, so I figured why not. I have noticed less of an irritation on my cheeks, not so many more razor bumps (I always shave against, otherwise nothing shaves at all). Just some food for thought for other guys, this might me a usefull compenant to help the skin.

SKIN UPDATEL: Hmmmm ... not much to say tonight. Just did my evening routine. The pimple on my jawline seems to be going down nicely, as well as the bumps near my sideburns. Forhead bumps look like they are lessoning ... but I'm not keeping my hopes up on that! And hurrah for work not being a bitch today =D!

whoa you got the clay masque! i'm so envious cuz i wanted one too but drugstore was out of stock when i ordered. bummer. good luck there!

SKIN UPDATE: =O Some semi-big news! This morning, while I was shaving, I noticed that a lot of the blackheads on my nose were becoming less visible! And this is obviously before I used the scrub, so hurrah! Other than that, not much else has changed. The zit near my sideburn seemed to re-emerge today o__O; not so great, but not that bif of a deal. SHOULD get back to studying for Law tomorrow. Stupid school - can't wait till University next year and/or when I win $40 million and run off to Italy =D! Hahahaha, yeah, I know, I have high hopes ^__^.

SKIN UPDATE: Law test done, and out of the way - Hurrah! I've just been really upbeat and happy today, even though I had to wake up at 5:30, but actually woke up at 6:30 =\. But I have discovered that I can sucessfully shave in 8 minutes, and shower in 6, so go me! Along with my upbeat mood, my skin looked/felt great today. I used the clay masque for the second time, except this time I did not steam before, but rather just splashed my face with warm water, and I used it on my forehead. My face now feels good - really smooth. Red marks and scars look a lot better. I probably won't use the toner tonight. Other than that, no new pimples, and the one near my sideburn is finally beginning to go down. A good day indeed =D.

SKIN UPDATE: Terribly sorry for not updating yesterday to anyone who might be following my log. Yesterday was an awsome day for me, but today was not so hot *Note to self: ALWAYS hand in literature assignments - one zero makes a helluva difference!* Yes, well, other than that, I have a little change in my regimen. I actually started using this Sunday night, but decided to see how it goes for about a week before I post anything. Basically, I have changed my evening cleanser from Spectro Jel to RoC Purif-Ac Purifying Cleanser. This is one of their products from their acne-care line, I'm pretty sure. I'm also pretty sure there is SA in it, but now sure how much. Anywho, the results have been great. I have had no new breakouts on my cheeks at all. I have started using a moisturizer (Vichy's Anti Imperfection Hydrating Care) some mornings, and it's been working fine with the regimen. Other than that, my forehead continues to be a bitch. There's a new pimple almost right in the middle, not to mention several other small bumps! Does anyone else have this problem with their forehead or is it just me o__O? I swear, it's a whole different acne-level zone up there, ugh. I may try using the RoC cleanser on my forhead and see how it goes, it's really starting to annoy me.

SKIN UPDATE: Hmmm ... it seems like it's getting harder to update. My skin is looking fine, no new dramatic changes. Maybe a bump here, and a small new redmark there, but overall I'm seeing improvement. Clay masque is on as I type this ... washing it off in about 5 minutes. Overall, things are looking good!

SKIN UPDATE: Woke up with a few unwanted 'friends.' One near my lip that got popped (I think) while I was shaving. There's just a tiny scab there, but I can deal with that. There was on that looked like it was forming on my left cheek, but it seems to be already drying out. Also a few small whiteheads (I think) on my right cheek. All in all though, things are still looking good.

SKIN UPDATE: I hate pimples that form in awkward places. The latest is right near my right nostril. A little red dot, but it hurts when even the smallest pressure is applied. Other than that, face is still going strong. Note to self: Remember to buy cotton pads - I've missed using my witch hazel toner for the past two days.

SKIN UPDATE: Another day missed, oh well. After and over-indulge in candy, chocolate and whatnot (ahh, halloween, how I love you) I decided to leave my clay masque on longer today. Now, I'm not a firm believer at all that diet and acne are related, but my skin felt very oily, and my skin felt like it had some small bumps quietly growing underneath. SO, I left the masque on for 30 minutes today, and honestly, it felt great! Much more effective than 10 minutes. My skin feels tight, but not overly dry, and cool. Great, great, great masque. Highly recommended! Anywho, I will try to update everyday, promise!

Stressful week. Diet has been ... well, terrible. I broke out in quite a few places, with the big ones being near both my sideburns. I have the masque on, and will leave it on for about 30 minutes. Should have steamed before, but just got home like five minutes ago (went to see Jarhead, which, if you're wondering, is a great movie). Hope I clear up a bit by Thursday... grad photo.