Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kidz12345

omg I am scarring :(

Well, I am scarring on the right side of my face, not really on the left.

I don't really get cysts anymore, I used to when I used benzoly proxide, sylric acid, and all those other OTC, prescribed things.

when I saw a cycts, I would pop it. BAD BAD BAD!! I never really thought I would ever get scarred from it. but now I can see them and ahh :( will they ever go away?

they are not really noticable, or deep. but still ah!

Okay well, when I look at the side of my face, there is brown marks where acne used to be, and they look like scars, are they scars? or will they fade away?

anyway, when I touch my scars, you can't really tell there scars, they are soft to the touch.

I never really had any severe acne, just cycts that bugged me so yeah I popped them.

Lesson for all of you guys: POPING PIMPLES DOES LEAD TO SCARRING.!.

I never thought it would, but it does!

I am hoping they will fade away after my acne is clear. (im taking accutane in about 3 months) yeah, it takes for ever for derm appointments grr. Then another 5-6 months till my acne is finally clear..(I hope).

Then I can treat the scars, I really hope they will fade away. What do you think??

-Geoff

From time to time I see people mention acne/scars on one side of their face and not so much the other. Could this be the side of your face that touches the pillow or the side of your face exposed to the sun when you drive?

From time to time I see people mention acne/scars on one side of their face and not so much the other. Could this be the side of your face that touches the pillow or the side of your face exposed to the sun when you drive?

Umm I usually sleep on both sides of my face.. but I experienced more acne on my right side then my left, that's why I think I have it on that side rather then my left.

but then again there are like.. brown marks on the scars, like from old acne.

Most docs will tell you if it is discoloration it will go away with time or bleaching creams. If it is indented or raised a scar is not considered a permanent scar until it is at least a year old since it is still remodeling.

acne is so fucking confusing rofl. Ive tried it all and I still have it and it still scars and turns colors.

Its so odd. I got a great body, Im athletic and somewhat goodlooking even with the scars but like jesus haha. This stuff needs to fuck off already. :dance:

Yep. Even if you don't pick at your pimples you can scar. So don't blame yourself if you haven't picked and scars anyway. If the pimples are large enough they are likely to scar. It is just a sign that your immune system works properly. Just a shame the human skin has be that way.

It is just a sign that your immune system works properly.

No way, its a sign that your immune system is weak. And your healing capabilities have been impaired, why do you think people scar more from going on accutane, its damaging to your liver...which is a source of your healing.