Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mrbombastic

Fine after bp, but burning after moisturiser?

This is really weird. After applying the BP gel i get none or little burning sensation. I wait 5-10 mins for it to dry then apply moisturiser (it is some special moisuriser for acne prone skin) and it starts burning pretty badly. Is there anything that BP gel isn't suppost to interact with? I'm going to get a new moisturiser tonight sometime and see if that fixes it but i was wondering if anyone knows why this burning could be happening after moisturiser or if they have had similar problems before?

This is really weird. After applying the BP gel i get none or little burning sensation. I wait 5-10 mins for it to dry then apply moisturiser (it is some special moisuriser for acne prone skin) and it starts burning pretty badly. Is there anything that BP gel isn't suppost to interact with? I'm going to get a new moisturiser tonight sometime and see if that fixes it but i was wondering if anyone knows why this burning could be happening after moisturiser or if they have had similar problems before?

Hi i use to have that problem witha moistuiser i used, it basically just the ingrediants in the moisturiser dont mix well with the ingrediants in the bp.

Since switching to dans bp i dont have this problem.

i get that too. I think your skin is getting used to the bp. I just let it die down and imagine that all my bacteria is being killed by the burning!

Thanks everyone!

That thread helped heaps, I have gotten a new moisturiser tonight hopefully it will do the trick.

Does anyone know why some moisturisers sting when mixed with BP though?