Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mmmwet

For the experts

My GP gave a script for differin and when I saw the derm he put me on accutane. Would it be ok to use them at the same time?

My GP gave a script for differin and when I saw the derm he put me on accutane. Would it be ok to use them at the same time?

i would just skip differin, as the combination will make your skin way too dry. It will peel non stop.

hmmmm, yeah I'll agree with netring. Unless you've already been using Differin I'd skip it as well. By the time the Differin would have a noticable affect the Accutane would be in full force. If you've been taking it previously, however, you might as well stick with it. At least until you've gotten into the Accutane and seen how its worked for you.

The answer to your specific Q is yes. However, the combination could prove very irritating.

At any rate, sooner or later you do need to get some type of retinoid started, since it my well prove beneficial as a long-term maintenance medicine.