Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ilovecats

Acne and eczema help? (not sure which section this shoul be in)

Hey,

I wondered if anyone else gets both acne and eczema. The eczema means that BP is a no no for me as are other topical treatments I have tried, like Zynert. I have just gone back on Oxytetracycline after a year's gap. All these treatments definately help but after 2/3 weeks on anything that I put on my face it is so sore I have to stop them and moisturise intensively. Even with moisturising when I use BP it is still too irritating.

Any ideas would be great - eczema with acne sucks - you can't treat one without making the other worse!

Guest james11

I have really sensetive skin too. Used BP a couple of times and it's way too harsh for my skin!

Try a good quality SA wash on an every other day basis. I have a DDF Salicylic 2% that i think is great.

Use Cetaphil wash all the other times, it's great because it doesn't strip the skin.

If you want a topical for your skin, try asking your doctor for Eryacne. It's a clear gel (anti-biotic) and i found it to be far less irritating/drying. Really clears you up too!

PM me if you want to ask me anything :D

I too am looking for something to treat my skin without irritating it (eczema problem for about 3 years now). I can keep the skin moist with lotion but it doesn't help my acne.