Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rez

Minocycline/Duac Regimen log CLeared!!! finally

Week 1- Derm prescribed me 100mg of mino and a twice a day perscription of duac. First week results were amazing. All breakouts have stopped and face looks dry.

Week2- This stuff is amazing. Only about 3 or 4 active pimples just a bunch of healing red marks. Will go for my 2 week check up in a few days.

Had my 2 week checkup today, the doctor said i have shown a great improvement! =P~ He also gave me about 6 cortisone injections to get some of the bigger ones down..

This sucks i got a break out. I have no clue if this crap is working and this is week 3 by the way. accutane may be my only hope

I had great, great luck with 100 mg mino and Duac the first 2 weeks, too, then a bad Week 3 and 4. But, don't give up and think that the meds are no longer working! The junk in your skin and glands has to come out and it will come out your pores as well as your bowels. So, just drink more water, follow your doc's instructions and be patient, please! Let's hang in there together!

Week 4- This stuff is supposed to help your skin right!?? what a load of crap this medicine is. Although there is some improvment not as much as I would've thought.

Week 5- Where do I begin lol. After the past 2 weeks being terrible my acne is like totally gone. Not that my face is clear by a long shot but i have no new pimples for a few days and the marks are fading its weird the way this crap works. My derm actually said im doing amazing well and took me off a little of the minocycline. I'm pretty happy about this and I seem to be getting a few looks from girls not just the look at that human zit looks either lol. Anywayz i guess this anti biotic really works.

and see how quick you were to say the product was piece of shit in week 4? we should all learn from this and let our medications work FOR US before stopping.

Week 6- Well my sixth week is here and I can say I am making excelent progress. No active pimples and the red marks are semi fading in certain areas mostly the cheeks and a little bit of my forehead. When i switched to 1 minocycine tablet 1 day and then 2 minocycline tablets every other day i did expericance a little bit of a breakout but that has now subsided. Things are looking good for my face.

I went off the minocycline due to horrible, terrible headaches that were entirely migraine-like. I threw up and nearly passed out regularly. I missed work and could not drive, do housework, or anything else. As soon as I stopped taking it, the headaches went away. Additionally, my skin has cleared almost completely. So, yeah, everyone is different. But, I am here to tell you: there is nothing wrong with doing topicals and also trying herbals internally before you try prescription internal meds. ALL internal meds have side effects while very, very few herbals do. When I asked my doc about this, I was told that severe headaches were very common with minocycline. It would have been nice if I had been told this or if it had been a written warning on the label or with the pharmacy paperwork. Then, I would have never taken it. Let me see, a few pimples or multiple migraines? Gee, I think I will take a few pimples!

Girly Girl im sorry to hear that you were getting such bad headaches because the minocycline truly does wonders. good luck with your new routine though.

Week 6 1/2 Update- My face has been feeling like an oilslick latetly and my fears have been confirmed. The lessened dose of minocycline has caused a flare up of my acne with about 3 new pimples which sucks. I really wanted to be off of this medication within 3 months but i doubt that will happen.

Week 7- Well just a few new pimples this week, not really the cystic ones just regular little ones so thats pretty good. I've realized that it is ok to get new ones just as long as there not cystic and wont scar or leave a huge red mark. I've also accepted that i will be prone forever to getting breakouts and ill just deal with it. My face is looking better each week but progression is now slowing and is not as drastic as the first couple of weeks.

Week 8- I got a breakout of 3 pimples on one side of my face but other then that my face is getting better each day and my back is also clearing up nicely.

Week 9- No new pimples and the red marks are fading pretty quickly which is good. my derm said he wants to see me in a month and if its all good then he'll end up taking me off of the minocycline.

well after around 3 months or 2 and a half of treatment my acne is gone about 75 to 80 percent. i have to say that before starting accutane make sure you have exhausted all other possibilities. I am now almost all clear save for scarring and the ocasional pimple here and there. my life is totally diffrent and better now.

Hey, I'm glad for you, like Girly I don't have much luck with mino either. Headaches made me really sick, then again, my face doesn't really clear up...I almost went confronting my derm why does she give me mino when my acne is severe and I've had no luck with tetra and doxy too... oh well in any case, congrats again. biggrin.gif