Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi, for about 6 months now I've been getting these itchy inflammations on the sides of my face. They range from my cheek bones down to my jaw line. Most of them look like tiny red pimples with a small white head, sometimes I get large fluid filled spots though. I used to have acne but it never itched like this, my skin is quite clear otherwise. I don't use any topicals other than cetaphil soap and moisturizer. I see a dermatologist regularly and he say it sounds like hives so I've been referred to an alergist. Im not crazy about spending $800 to find out im not allergic to anything, so I was wondering if anyone here had ever heard of or experienced symptoms like this?

Hi, for about 6 months now I've been getting these itchy inflammations on the sides of my face. They range from my cheek bones down to my jaw line. Most of them look like tiny red pimples with a small white head, sometimes I get large fluid filled spots though. I used to have acne but it never itched like this, my skin is quite clear otherwise. I don't use any topicals other than cetaphil soap and moisturizer. I see a dermatologist regularly and he say it sounds like hives so I've been referred to an alergist. Im not crazy about spending $800 to find out im not allergic to anything, so I was wondering if anyone here had ever heard of or experienced symptoms like this?

Never have experienced it. I've had allergies before [face and body], but I chose not to go to an allergist. Make sure to change your pillow case, wash your sheets, and think about what's come in contact with your face. Take some benadryl or an antihistamine. If it's an allergic reaction it should last about 4-7 days and taking an antihistamine will help. You can also apply hydrocortisone or cortisal on [you can buy it anyway] which should help.