Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Enchantress

Pimples and patches

The regimen worked well for me initially...shrunk new pimples and stuff. But in the past week, i started getting a few pimples. They were kinda big..got about 4-5 new ones. ugh. Is this supposed to happen at 1 month into the regimen? Anyway..they kinda deflated on their own yesterday after about 4 days...and left dark patches where they used to be. How do i get rid of this?! Its so bloody annoying.

I have them too and have been doing the regime for about 6 weeks. I have still been getting new ones as well but they do away in about a quarter of the time they took before. I think the marks show up more when you use BP than some of the other treatments. They should fade, but I was reading this thing last night on one of the messageboards here (now I can't find it) to mix sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in with cleanser in the morning and do an eggwhite and lemon mask in the evening (10 minutes). I have tried this for the first time today, so I'll let you know in a few days if it did anything.

Give the regimen at least three months. It's been one month for you and I think it's perfectly normal to still breakout at this time. Just make sure you don't slack off on anything. Don't add any new products or steps, don't take any away, just do the regimen exactly as Dan outlines. It took me five months to clear 100% :pray: Perseverance.

The marks left behind take a while to fade. I know, it blows :doubt: Be patient and just keep clear, they will fade!

I have them too and have been doing the regime for about 6 weeks. I have still been getting new ones as well but they do away in about a quarter of the time they took before. I think the marks show up more when you use BP than some of the other treatments. They should fade, but I was reading this thing last night on one of the messageboards here (now I can't find it) to mix sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) in with cleanser in the morning and do an eggwhite and lemon mask in the evening (10 minutes). I have tried this for the first time today, so I'll let you know in a few days if it did anything.

bicarbonate soda wont by any chance make it worse rite? Cause i rather live with a few marks than get new pimples. ugh. why must it be so easy to get acne and so difficult to find a solution?!

Give the regimen at least three months. It's been one month for you and I think it's perfectly normal to still breakout at this time. Just make sure you don't slack off on anything. Don't add any new products or steps, don't take any away, just do the regimen exactly as Dan outlines. It took me five months to clear 100% :pray: Perseverance.

The marks left behind take a while to fade. I know, it blows :doubt: Be patient and just keep clear, they will fade!

so now you never get any breakouts? how bad was your acne? I have mild acne now but quite a few scars..ugh. I actually rarely get breakouts for about a year now..just one or two isolated pimples occasionally. Thats why i was concerned about this breakout. erm...i actually tried using diluted vinegar on my face while on the regimen. Do you think that could have caused the breakout?

so now you never get any breakouts? how bad was your acne? I have mild acne now but quite a few scars..ugh. I actually rarely get breakouts for about a year now..just one or two isolated pimples occasionally. Thats why i was concerned about this breakout. erm...i actually tried using diluted vinegar on my face while on the regimen. Do you think that could have caused the breakout?

I'll get occasional breakouts (especially during that time of the month). The times I breakout, I know it's because I've gotten lazy about the regimen. When I'm strict about the regimen, I know I can clear the breakouts in a matter of a couple of days.

My acne was moderate. Somewhere in between mild and severe, but if I had to go more one way, I'd say it was more towards the severe side on many occasions.

I tried diluted vinegar too, a few months back. I thought it would help with some of the stubborn redmarks. All it did was break me out miserably. :doubt: Just do dan's regimen, and ONLY his. Keep at it religiously for three months. Once you've cleared up, you can try adding something to it to help quiet down any marks left behind. But wait until you are completely clear. Strict regimen, for at least three months! Hope that helps. Good luck to you :)

I'll get occasional breakouts (especially during that time of the month). The times I breakout, I know it's because I've gotten lazy about the regimen. When I'm strict about the regimen, I know I can clear the breakouts in a matter of a couple of days.

My acne was moderate. Somewhere in between mild and severe, but if I had to go more one way, I'd say it was more towards the severe side on many occasions.

I tried diluted vinegar too, a few months back. I thought it would help with some of the stubborn redmarks. All it did was break me out miserably. :doubt: Just do dan's regimen, and ONLY his. Keep at it religiously for three months. Once you've cleared up, you can try adding something to it to help quiet down any marks left behind. But wait until you are completely clear. Strict regimen, for at least three months! Hope that helps. Good luck to you :)

Ok. hmm. Sometimes its really tempting to try something new that many people are raving about. hehe. But i guess i learnt my lesson. :wall: