Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigpun

Can Vitamin C serum lose its potency?

I found a little bottle with a pump of vitamin c. Its not air tight so will it still have effectiveness do you think? Oh and also do you think its safe to do a bs wash before applying the vitamin c??

I found a little bottle with a pump of vitamin c. Its not air tight so will it still have effectiveness do you think? Oh and also do you think its safe to do a bs wash before applying the vitamin c??

I think so, cuz Vitamin C is very easy to get oxidized.

I buy L-ascorbic acid crystals. In dry form it degrades much slower and you can just mix it in with any other product. Plus for C to be most effective it has to be above a certain strength so you are guaranteed to know how much is going onto your face.

omg there are so many rules and facts to how vitamin c can stay stable. i think it has to be in a metal tube, can't be exposed to air, and it shouldn't be combined with too much water. there are other factors as well.