Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
legislatorgov

Acne Severity Quiz

Do you have mild acne or severe acne? Why does it matter how severe your acne is? What you use to treat your acne is determined, in a large part, by how severe your acne is. In many cases mild acne can be treated with over-the-counter medications, but those same medications may not be effective against severe acne. Use this quiz to find out how severe your acne is, then get tips on the best way to treat your acne.

Visit http://dermatology.about.com/library/nosea...everityquiz.htm to take the quiz.

I got moderatly severe as well ;x

rawrr why couldn't it have said.. NONE, YOUR COMPLETELY CLEAR! YOU WILL NEVER GET A PIMPLE AGAIN IN YOUR LIFE! haha <-- my dream.

moderate acne... all thanks to accutane

Just for kicks I filled it in pre-accutane and I had severe acne. Another two months and hopefully I will have no acne.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Moderately severe.... I think I need to try something new :( .

Hmmmmmmmm. I dont think that quiz is that incisive. It said I had moderate acne! I've only got about 3/4 lesions at the minute and doing pretty well!

Yes, me too - I came out as moderate, but would consider my acne pretty mild at the moment. Pre-accutane I would have said I was moderate, occasionally severe, so I have to wonder what score I'd have got then! Perhaps I'll answer based on that and see what I'd have got?

Did the quiz again but gave the answers I had before I took accutane - and came out as 'severe'. Is there anything worse than 'severe' as a result? Cos there are people out there with acne that was much worse than mine was. :confused:

As long as you have painful cysts or nodules, it's usually classed as severe. Anyway, my score was moderate (for now, 2-3 months on accutane) and severe before.

As long as you have painful cysts or nodules, it's usually classed as severe. Anyway, my score was moderate (for now, 2-3 months on accutane) and severe before.

That would explain it then - I had nodules develop every month or so - but never more than a couple at a time, and never as bad as a lot of people I met at the dermatology clinic.

moderately severe. I didnt know I was in the severe category! Hmm.....maybe I should go see a dermatologist AGAIN!

if you have severe acne you should see a derm :)

but warning they take for ever!!!

I have to wait over 3 months for my derm appointment :(

I saw someone with purple (yes purple) acne in college. Well it's probably not acne but it was makes mine seem insignificant.

actually I retook this quiz.. cause before I thought I had a different type of lesion.. but it just turned out to be a normal pimple.. so i ended up getting mild.. I really don't have that many pimples any more.. it's just those damn red spots that never go away!!! They take forever........

Guest tenshigirl25

i have moderate acne..but it can sometimes go form mild to severe in months..so moderate sounds right.

actually I retook this quiz.. cause before I thought I had a different type of lesion.. but it just turned out to be a normal pimple.. so i ended up getting mild.. I really don't have that many pimples any more.. it's just those damn red spots that never go away!!! They take forever........

I know the feeling. I only get a new zit once every couple of weeks, and even then it only last for a couple days. I suppose I should be thankful but these redmarks just do not seem to fade, especially while on the tane.