Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikki001

21 yrs old...acne marks..what to do!

heres a quick description of what ive been going thru-

ive had acne since i was 14. it runs in my family unfortuantely.

tried accutane, bp, pro-activ, laser treatments, and hundreds of over the counter products.

as of now, im on murad. it really has worked wonders for me. ive been on it now for 4 months, but still , like many of us here, have those damn red marks still... i have a bunch on my cheeks from when i was young... theyre about 4/5 years old as of now.

i just found this site today and im considering trying this glycolic peel method: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...628745&tc=photo

^ is that a good product to reduce marks & scarring?! ive tried everything and dont have $ to throw away anymore... has anyone had good results? i dont expect them all to go away but if i can get it down to 50% gone, thats fine with me...

thnxx for listening, please post any 411

nikki

and another thing i forgot:

dont you guys get all sad watching all these tv stars and ordinary people on the street with clear perfect faces?!! ugghhh it gets me so sad and depressed, i try to shake it off but it hurts... why us?!!!!!!!

Guest pokerbugg

it think it the end it makes us better people, we see things in a different light ...but anyway, i use neutrogena acne mark fading peel on my spots , i use it everyday...i also tan(every onece in a while (i cover my spots with a concealer and then tan) and it helps even out my skin tone .... hope this helps

Hi,

Do you still break-out or has it been under control? You shouldn't start treating your red marks until after your acne is gone, though. Your red marks should takes about 4-6 months to go away by itself but if you stil suffered from acne you will get on going red marks from your new acne and it will be harder to tell if your red marks are fading or because it is from a new zit/pimple. So that is why it is not a good idea to start treating red marks when your acne is under controlled.

Glycolic Peel will actually helps make it a little lighter I believe but very slow. It sheds your skin and helps build new collagen to filled up those pigmentation. You are still young so your skin should healed pretty fast but if you really want to fade those marks you should definitely tried TCA peel. Those are excellent at getting rid of red marks. I spot treat my red marks once a month and it dramatically make a difference. You should give it a try. Also Vitamin C serum is great to help speed up healing. Use it after a peel or so. It may sting a bit but helps it heal 3x faster. Also it protects agaisnt sun damage during the daytime. I love it. Vitamin A serum is also a good thing to look into since it helps build collagen.

Nikki, how's your diet? Do you eat much fruits and veggies? Vitamin C?

i eat more fruits then veggies... idrink water and basically eat healthy. im not overweight at all. i try to stay away from french fries, pizza, etc...

i just want the red marks to fade away... that all! lol... iveread on here about people who tried the glycolic peel. so im thinking about ordering it... where do u get Vitamin c serum?

I also get depressed seeing old pictures of me. I'm 22 now but looking back at pictures when I was 13 and seeing my face actually completley clear really sux. I do agree with the one that said it makes us better people. The old saying "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" really applies. However, for some people you really lose the best years of your life because of this disease. I'm 22 now and I have nothing to wake up to. I am not happy at all. My problem is different now. For the past 5 years I have had my acne under control with the use of clindamycin phosphate and retin-a micro at night. Never missed a dose. Believe me when I say never missed a dose. I have come home pretty drunk a few times and the first thing I do is wash my face and put my retin-a on then I go to bed. I guess having OCD can help with that. Anyways, now my problem is different. I don't think it's acne that I have now. It's lesions that look like dried up blood that just never go away. I have had the same ones for 8 months now and they don't just go back down to the surface of my skin. If I run my finger underneath them it feels like they can peel off. Obviously acne isn't like that. When you get a pimple you don't get that feeling. With this it's like dried up blood that forms some type of scab/crust and it just feels like I can peel it off from underneath but I don't do that because I know it isn't the right thing to do. I have come to the point where I don't even look in the mirror anymore. When I brush my teeth I just look at the sink and when I wash my face I just look when the soap is on because when the soap is on my face it temporarily hides these lesions or whatever you want to call them. The rest of my face is fine. T-zone has been fine for the longest time.