Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
castra

organic soap

hey everyone i'm fairly new to this site so bare with me...i have had acne for ages (i'm 27) this past year i have thrown away all the chemicals i used on my face and with the help of a friend who studies organic and natural remedies started using natural soaps i have used rose soap but stopped because although my face did clear up and looked healthy i got really tiny pimples around my nose that really hurt, being stubborn i refused to go back to my chemical clenser (spectral jel) and found a nice olive oil natural soap again, i developed small pimples around my nose they are annoying and painful does anyone know why this is happening and how to stop them from forming. right now my nose is so painful it hurts to smile! :evil:

I'll post this again here for others reading this thread, but I suspect a pH problem which might be fixed by using an acidic toner.

Alternatively, are you by any chance allergic to almonds? Almonds are (bizarrely) related to roses, which is why I ask.

thanks i will try the vinager solution maybe just a bit round the nose area...the thing i'm discovering with my skin is that different areas are more sensitive and react to different products, i was explaining this to a friend that also has bad skin when i used spetrojel (which is great) it didn't harm or help my skin, i didn't break out that much just a little bit here and there but my skin looked dull all over, my pores where quite big and my skin wasn't smooth...using this natural soap has made the rest of my skin look fresh and healthy its just a shame about this one little area around my nose. :dance:

try taking in doses of vitamin c as well, good for the skin too. i like using all natural oils in my soap, i had one made that is neem based which has some sandalwood oil, turmeric, lavender and chamomille...love it to death

hey everyone i'm fairly new to this site so bare with me...

If you're an attractive young woman, I'm certainly willing to bare with you! :cool:

Bryan

hey everyone i'm fairly new to this site so bare with me...

If you're an attractive young woman, I'm certainly willing to bare with you! :cool:

Bryan

Cheers for that lately not feeling attractive...sadly i've gone back to spectrojel my sister is getting married in less than two weeks i don't want to be experimenting thus having horrible side effects from the natural soap at her wedding...i am still using natural homemade oil made with jojo base oil with lavender, tea tree, and wee bit of rose just to relieve the dryness...lets hope that it will be fine for the wedding! thanks for all the suggestions though maybe when this wedding thing is over with i will try some more...

:)