Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Has there ever been a movie/documentary anything on Acne?

there has been documetaries on fat people, midgets, people in wheelchaires, mentally retarded, schizofrentic,e tc......

what about people with acne? this disease affects more people than obesity, yet it is never documented or discussed.

its as if no one gives a fuck about us. not the derms, the big companies who make useless prodcuts to suck us dry. nothing or no one.

you see fat people on tv..what about the acne sufferers? you see no case of acne anywhere on tv. its like we dont even exist.

It'd be terribly boring, in my opinion.

"OMG. This SA is drying my skin. I better go apply some mousterizer."

"Hey Betty, do you think this apple will give me zits."

"I feel so emo."

"I feel so emo."

:lol2:

I especially love the last two. :D

well i think it would be good to see people try out a wide range of products from proactiv to accutane and get their reactions.also seeing people who have beaten their acne after a long time and those who still suffer and looking for a cure

i think a documentary would be real good.

well i think it would be good to see people try out a wide range of products from proactiv to accutane and get their reactions.also seeing people who have beaten their acne after a long time and those who still suffer and looking for a cure

i think a documentary would be real good.

I started one but it isn't directly saying things, like showing me applying certain products and commenting. Its showing life of an acne sufferer. Such as going out daily, the mirror stare and just how you feel. Its coming a long well, since I started Accutane, I thought I would put it in there. Hopefully if it works, it will show the government not to ban the fucking thing.

"I feel so emo."

:lol2:

There was a doc here in the UK a while back called something like 'The unluckiest faces in Britain' and one of the people was a woman suffering from severe acne caused by some kind of contraception. She was on the Salon (lameass yet addictive reality hairdresser show) getting a facial

iamgine the endless jokes people would use when reffering to a movie like that while making fun of someone with acne. Most people without, heck even most people who suffer from it don't understand what it can cause to some individuals.

a good example is the replies to this thread so far.

don't be idiotic, you are saying our lives with acne are boring?

I think you are missing the point, when we watch a documentary about people dealing with problems, the feelings they feel are what is important, and how they deal with everyday life. When we watch a drama we don't watch them for the routine they lead, we watch them to see how their lives are lived and their emotionsl experiences, not their routine of eating sandwiches, or washing their face.

It isn't unusual for many of us to self harm, feel suicidal due to acne. Issues to do with how obsessive compulsiveness can arise from acne, and how this can be generalised to the body is also an issue I think that needs highlighting.

Issues like these should be put on the public domain to get rid of the dogma of acne being trifle unimportant.

And attitudes like yours do not help the trend evanescence4491

Once I finish, I could send out a few copies if anyone wants one.

Should be finished in another month or so. We might remake it, since I wanted to show people with different levels of acne in it. Such as one mild person, one moderate person, and one severe. I happen to know them all. For the most part I would have it cover me, as my friend whos taping thinks it would be best to follow the life of a person. Sadly, I will have to go out in the public more often, and be a mockery to everyone who sees the movie. If my acne clears up, I wouldnt feel as bad but if it doesn't.. sigh...

Humour is good. And seriousness is good.

Both CAN happen, you know. Even about acne. Even about horrible things. I have a joke that I like to tell when I'm revealing to people my history. I say -

"Pedophilia, drug use, and abandoment, OH MY! Nothing but fun, frolic, and adventure for the whole family!"

Either they get it, or they run away. Whatever. If they get it, then they get that my background is SO SERIOUS, so very very serious to me, that if I did not find some way of laughing about it, I'd kill myself.

Levitity does not have to invalidate, nor does serious have to mean deadpan and depressing.

its funny, i was just thinking the exact same thing the other day.

mystero, i think ur movie would be really interesting to watch and i would definatley want a copy when its finished, for sure. would u be willing to send it to me?

don't be idiotic, you are saying our lives with acne are boring?

I think you are missing the point, when we watch a documentary about people dealing with problems, the feelings they feel are what is important, and how they deal with everyday life. When we watch a drama we don't watch them for the routine they lead, we watch them to see how their lives are lived and their emotionsl experiences, not their routine of eating sandwiches, or washing their face.

It isn't unusual for many of us to self harm, feel suicidal due to acne. Issues to do with how obsessive compulsiveness can arise from acne, and how this can be generalised to the body is also an issue I think that needs highlighting.

Issues like these should be put on the public domain to get rid of the dogma of acne being trifle unimportant.

And attitudes like yours do not help the trend evanescence4491

terribly sorry :angel:

i dont want pitty

me neither I just want ppl to understand what ppl with severe acne are going through though its soo often misunderstood the affect it has on us :doubt:

Guest frogprince

i'm a tv/video major in college and i'm actually considering making one

i'm thought about it for a while

a student film.

the thing is... if i were to make one, I would need to have

REAL acne sufferers in it... that's the hard part.

Guest LDanielle

A documentary I can understand, that would be a good idea, showing how it affects sufferers everyday lives and things. But a MOVIE about acne? LMAO now that would just be a bit too much. What the hell would the storyline be? I'm assuming you mean a movie to be shown in cinemas etc... all about acne... seriously now

Edited by LDanielle

I would watch maybe a documentary about people with real bad skin that went on accutane cleared all up and then had some kinda surgery to repair scars or something. Like the extreme makeover pimple edition :) Probably have to have dermabrasion done since it owuld look the goreiest lol.

Maybe a talkshow could do a special on teenage depression and acne or something I might beinteresting. The only special I have ever seen regarding acne was a special on the dangers of accutane a few years ago. Well it had people on there that there chidren had apparently killed themselves because of the drug. (yeah right)

Guest pokerbugg

i was just wondering this the other day ..."is there any documentaries on acne"? ...that be awesome if u guys made one...if anyone makes one, i definitely want a copy! :) i love documentaries

A documentary on acne would be a great thing, and it would definitely intrigue even the people without acne, IMO. However, the acne would have to be severe. As the person would be doing his daily routine, it would be nice to have his/her voice speaking, but not out in the open. An internal speech that played in the documentary. Everytime they'd feel inferior, self-conscious, embarassed, ashamed and all of the feelings that follow along with having severe acne, the voice inside the head should speak out and express everything. Let people know this is a disease, not just a stage of puberty. An actual skin disease, that leaves us without confidence, and looked down on by society. The skin disease turns into a mental disease for many of us.

This would not work unless it was someone with severe acne, though. No one would care about mild to moderate acne sufferers, just like no one would care about someone who was 5-10 pounds overweight.

Edited by Sickening

Guest charyan

i dind't read all the posts so this point has already been made, but who would want to be filmed?

We hate being looked at by anyone, hate our photos taken, i doubt many people would give consent to a camera focusing on their acne 24 hours a day