Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Corrine_1

allergic reaction or normal?

Ok, this sucks! I just started using BP gel (Dans) 3 days ago. I have been using Proactive for 5 years, no problems. With the BP gel, I am definitely noticing an improvement but now my eye lids and the area underneath the eye is getting a little more puffier everyday. Has this happened to anyone else?

You want to carefully avoid the eye area both with bp and with anything you put on over bp as it can bring the bp with it. I'm not sure how bad your situation is, but if you are experiencing severe swelling stop using bp immediately.

I am definitely noticing an improvement but now my eye lids and the area underneath the eye is getting a little more puffier everyday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Corrine,

I noticed this on my eyes. They got all puffy and doubled over with a big crease. Took almost a week to get them back to normal.

I was putting bp under my eyes without even thinking about it. Now I put a bit of moisteriser on my eyes before putting my bp on, but am careful to avoid my eyes with the bp. Just put the moisteriser on, just in case!

I am definitely noticing an improvement but now my eye lids and the area underneath the eye is getting a little more puffier everyday. Has this happened to anyone else?

Hi Corrine,

I noticed this on my eyes. They got all puffy and doubled over with a big crease. Took almost a week to get them back to normal.

I was putting bp under my eyes without even thinking about it. Now I put a bit of moisteriser on my eyes before putting my bp on, but am careful to avoid my eyes with the bp. Just put the moisteriser on, just in case!

:D Thanks! I'll give that a shot!

My eyes water a bit as well. Not sure if it's the benzoic acid spreading thru body (which is normal) or my moisturizer. I put BP only around mouth and only use moisturizer there, so nowhere near eyes. Anybody else get similar symptoms. I need to use very little BP (1/3rd finger) for around mouth (chin and below nose) twice a day.