Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kidz12345

Doctors appointment

well yeah, I got a doctors apointment this tuesday (the 18th) and im really hoping he will give me accutane.. or atleast recommend me to a dermatologists to get accutane! I really think this will work for me, since i've tried every thing else there is.. I just hope doctors can prescribe this.. I want to start it as soon as possible!!

can they?

I tried making an appointment with a derm, but they said I needed a doctors reveral.. gay.. i've been waiting for like 2 months now, and finally I got a doctor.!

Hey :)

As far as i'm aware, only derms can prescribe 'tane..so that's a bit of a pain in the arse. Don't see why your gp would have any probs referring you to a derm, though! Might take you a bit to get in, though..have heard it can take like 2/3 months :shock: but dw, you could get lucky like me..got in within 2 wks cos of a cancellation :D Hopefully he/she wont stuff you around..then you can start your course after your bloodtest :) (I think i started a wk or so after my appt.)

Good luck!

Hey :)

As far as i'm aware, only derms can prescribe 'tane..so that's a bit of a pain in the arse. Don't see why your gp would have any probs referring you to a derm, though! Might take you a bit to get in, though..have heard it can take like 2/3 months :shock: but dw, you could get lucky like me..got in within 2 wks cos of a cancellation :D Hopefully he/she wont stuff you around..then you can start your course after your bloodtest :) (I think i started a wk or so after my appt.)

Good luck!

my doctors perscribed me tane today..

lol...i dont think only derms do it..doctors are more lenient.

he didnt even look at my face when i asked for it..he just said ok

lol...i dont think only derms do it...

It depends where you live, in the UK only derms can prescribe it, I presume it would be the case in some other countrys too.

ah yes!! well I live in Canada, and im hoping my doctor can prescribe me it!! cuz months just to wait for a derm appointment, thats crazy!

Thanks for the posts guys:)!