Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FakeBlueEyes

Ed Finished Accutane (Pictures Inside)

Welcome to my Accutane experience journal. Sadly I didn't keep track of my accutane journal and lost all the good stuff. I took Accutane October 8, 2005 through February 15, 2006. Is been about five months off Accutane and I feel great! Accutane did wonders on my skin. Yes... I had chapped lips, dry eyes, and dry skin, but it was worth every second of it.

Here are the pictures; before and after Accutane. :) Enjoy, and please comment. Feel free to contact me or ask any questions. :)

BEFORE ACCUTANE: 2005

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

AFTER ACCUTANE: 2006

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

EXTRA PICTURE (This picture has been photoshoped, and I'm not a DKNY Model, but it is still fun. :))

IPB Image

Thank you all, specially those who actually read it.

Ed

Welcome to my Accutane experience journal.

My name is Ed, and I'm 18 years old. I began to have acne during my freshman year at high school. However, it was very mild back than. The years passed and it got worst. My sophmore year was horrible as well as my junior year. However, my senior year wasn't good either, but it wasn't as bad as the previous years. I graduated, and my acne calmed down. But I still break out from time to time, and red spots, and very mild scarring. I've been searching ever since for something to clear my skin completely. I read all about accutane, specially journals of others on this medication.

Finally I decided to go to my dermatologist, asked about accutane, and got it!

He said we would start with a very low dosage, 20mg twice a day.

Is been a week already, and the first couple of days I began to break out, but my face has been drying, my eyes, my lips, my head has been itching (I don't know about this side effect), and I did got somewhat depressed this week, specially at work.

I'll have pictures, and more information later, as well as many updates of my treatment.

I'm on my 24th day myself and I started getting breakouts and side effects immediately. And yeah, you will be scratching your head like you have fleas. That’s part of the Accutane package deal.

Week 2

My face has been clear of new acne. All the skin oil is gone, and my face has been drying as well as my eyes. People at work thought I was high or something. I wear contacts and they made my eyes red, specially because they where dry. My lips are chapped badly. My head keeps itching (glad to know is not just me) and some muscle pain.

That's all for now... I will post pictures later.

Week 3

Wow, is been 3 weeks already! My body is very dry (I drink a lot of water and liquids though) and so is my face. My lips... I don't even have lips anymore. They are red, dry, ugly. I have been using chapstick (blistex) and carmex, and they have helped somehow.

I have backpains, but than again, my part-time is lifting boxes for UPS, so that may have worsen the side effects of backpain.

However, my face is clearing so quickly. Drying and healing. This is really amazing. I can't wait to see the results.

I will have a before accutane and after accutane (month-to-month) pictures. Except them next week. :) till than.

Thats such a good improvment man, you look like a completely different person. Good to see u shaved off that shocking mustache too. ha. I hope i have as good as results as you.

Whats the deal with the contacts? are they expensive?

Wow... you look really good! love the fake blue eyes haha. Did you stay on 20mg throughout the whole course or did you gradually up the dosage?

It was 20mg twice a day. So basically 40mg.

Yes, I tried many contacts (as you see in my before accutane pictures, but none really looked good, until I tried the gray, which is what I wear all the time, aside from my natural color.) Oh.. yeah, they are not very expensive, but they are still pricey. (around $40.00 a pack of 6 contcts = 3 pairs; each pair is good for 2 weeks).

I know, I gained soooo much confidence back.

yo your beaming with confidence dude! I soo hope i clear up as well as you do im on (day 9)!! Your new cut is mad metro/prep thougH!! (mos def in a good way though)! Enjoy your new life with clear skin! Live IT UP!

Hot Hot Hot...don't worry i'm a girl ..But wow u look amazing ..Accutane does work lol..I'm nearly done but my skin is thin like paper can't wait till it's back to normal..GOOD Job buddy..

Wow.. first off, you look great!... Had you been tanning after you went off accutane or does is it just look like it because your complection is that much better?

allison~

Thank you all. Yes, the red marks dissapear with time, which I may have one or two on the side, but that just needs time. Even though very minimal scarring is left, that's why I want a laser resurfacing or demambresion. You cannot really see, but if you look closely you can.

Yes I do tan, and I swim a lot, so I'm expose to the sun very often. :)

Mate those pics don't even look like the same person. AMAZING

One question though, how did you go as far as sun sensitivity is concerned? Looking at your tanned skin it would seem you didn't get any? :)

I've just started 20mg/day (from tomorrow) for very mild/moderate but STUBBORN acne, and seeing pics like that honestly makes me so excited

Well done champ

Thank you, I know it doesn't even look like me. But yeah, I did a lot of improvements in myself as well as my skin! :)

Good luck to you, I'm pretty sure your skin will turn out just as great! :D