Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stars926

J. Lynne Cosmetics

I've never tried it... I remember when she used to post here and was asking for rec's...

Glad ur liking it... alot of people I know who used it said it didnt help them with oil... maybe it'll be different for you?! :angel:

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I like it but then my skin isn't as oily anymore. Just my t-zone is oily and that isn't where I need coverage anyway.

So far, I love it. But, I've only been using it while my skin has been bone-dry on Accutane. I can't say how it would hold up to super oily skin.

So far, I love it. But, I've only been using it while my skin has been bone-dry on Accutane. I can't say how it would hold up to super oily skin.

My skin is super oily. Any suggestions on what line of mineral makeup would be good for me since i havent found anyhting for oily skin. I was thinkng zia since it has kaolin clay for oil control.

My skin is oily too- but I guess daily usage of the BP has dried it up quite a bit. Funny thing is it doesn't look shiny on me. and since the BP dulls my skin (does it dull anyone elses?) the mineral makeup kindov gives it a glow. I think the only problem is that you can still see my pores, which I don't like :confused: But other than that, I'm really liking it and the sample portions were REALLy generous!

You could use milk of magnesia on your face before applying the J. Lynne minerals, which would probably help with the oil if it becomes a problem with that particular brand.

How many of you guys have tried J. Lynne's mineral makeup? I just got my samples and I am really liking it :D

I came back from vacation and my samples had arrived. Unfortunately they are sitting here waiting to be used. How are you applying them? [i know the different ways, just curious how you apply since you like it so much]

I apply it w/ the BE flawless face brush, then blush w/ a kabuki brush. I don't want TOO much coverage so I wear them dry.

I want to amend my statement.. I like J. Lynne, but by the end of the day my pores are extremely visible so when my acne clears up, I'm switching back to Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation.

My skin is super oily. Any suggestions on what line of mineral makeup would be good for me since i havent found anyhting for oily skin. I was thinkng zia since it has kaolin clay for oil control.

Origins All and Nothing Sheer Finishing Powder: Active_Ing: silica; magnesium myristate; hdi/polycaprolactone crosspolymer; ethylhexlglycerin; octyldodecyl steroyl stearate; diisosteryl malate; triethoxycaprylysilane; tetrasodium edta; potassium sorbate; chlorphenesin Ing: May Contain: mica; iron oxides; ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499; titanium dioxide; ci77891; iln25060

the magnesium myristate will absorb oil similar to the way MOM works.

If you don't go through makeup that quickly I would skip the Zia bc anything with a food-type ingredient is more likely to become inhabited by bacteria (ie zia's cornstarch, other brands also have rice starch). It's not necessarily a problem, but something to keep in mind.

This is a review of J.Lynne products I wrote for Makeup Alley:

This is hands down the greatest MU of any kind I have ever used on my face. Everything about this company and its products is first rate: My order arrived in 4 days. There was no shipping charge for samples, and they were hugely generous with the amounts.

The foundation was packaged in plastic jars with labels on the top and the bottom--great for when I mix-up several tops! Then items were wrapped in green and pink tissue paper--and tied in ribbons--just another classy detail. The color choices are amazing in every category. And since there is no shipping charge for samples, AND they are so inexpensive, you can try dozens of colors to either stand alone or to mix and match.

But the coverage is where the J.Lynne line stands out. I knew from reading the J.Lynne website to use the finishing powder as a primer, then to use a tiny amount of foundation. After the primer, I used two very light applications of foundation which produced a flawless airbrushed look to my entire face.

I am 56 years old and have rosacea and red veins and various discolorations on my face. A small brush dipped in the foundation was all I needed to touch up any problem spots. The blush colors run the gamut from the palest pink to deep bronze, and I mix them to achieve a different look according to how I am feeling that day--how much or how little sleep I got, etc. And last, I swept the finishing powder all over my face to set it.

For eyes: I first applied the finishing powder under my eyes as a primer, then a slightly lighter shade of foundation over that--it took miniscule amounts for great coverage. I have undereye circles, and my next order will contain some color correcting yellow for those, so I expect them to look even better.

For the eye shadow, I liked the look of using it without the finishing powder as primer, it created a less powdery look on my old eyelids. Again, I used merely the tiniest amounts of color. I mix a pale grey and soft brown to cover most of the area, then a slightly darker version of that over my eyelids, and an even darker color on the brow bone and just beneath it.

With any other MU, I looked either too powdery or too shiny. And the MU would migrate and clot and clump into a sticky messy goop next to my nose, in the nose to chin lines, either side of my mouth, in the middle of my chin crease---I had to constantly "supervise" my face all day.

I would re-smear the goops and blot, and reapply powder, starting after just an hour in the hot summer. The J.Lynne MMU gave me my first ever dewey glow---which I thought was a fictitious state of appearance invented by some cosmetic adman to torture women into feeling inferior in yet another area. Since it is in the 90's and humid, there was a bit of shine after several hours, but I just gently blotted with a tissue only twice. And it really did not even need that.

At night I washed as usual with a cleanser and soft sponge, then used a toner on my face. I used to need 4 cotton balls of toner to rid my face of every trace of MU. With J.Lynne, I used ONE cotton ball. I adore makeup, and have tried literally hundreds of varieties in my 40 years of wearing it, and I have written for television and have watched professionals apply makeup from up-close, and learned many of their tricks. But nothing comes close to the J.Lynne line.

My 85 year old mother, who has seen most of my MU experiments, took one look at my newly J.Lynne'd face and said, "Whatever that is, get me some, too." When I tried it on her, she looked even better and less made-up than I do.

I cannot imagine every wearing anything else, that is how happy I am about how I look. I sincerely urge everyone to try this finely milled fabulous MMU. I know you will be as thrilled as my mother is and I am.

Hope this helps anyone considering buying J.Lynne. She also has a marvelous website, and she and several other people there can answer any question you have about any product, color matches, application etc. And lastly, I have been on just about every other mineral makeup site there is and she is so much cheaper than everything else is, and gives you much more product than anyone else to boot.

Mishkyn

yay mishkyn! i'm so happy j.lynne worked out for you. I'm contemplating ordering a full sized set of the foundation and blush I liked from all the samples I ordered. I really am liking the makeup, it gives me this airbrushed look with a sort of dewey look that's not oily at all! Plus it feels really lightweight and I know minerals aren't clogging my pores. I am going to continue using my sample, but I havent touched my liquid foundation since I got these minerals.

Stars, that's interesting that you find your pores looking bigger at the end of the day. I've seen that on my own face with different minerals, but with J. Lynne I haven't experienced that at all. But, again, that could be because I'm on accutane and my pores may have shrunk from it.

Hm, I wonder how this stuff will stack up to my face after I'm done with 'tane. Hopefully, I'll still love it as much as I do now!

I really liked J.Lynne's products at first. I first purchased some samples and liked the colors and coverage. So I bought $80-$100 worth of stuff, including foundations, powder, blush, etc. I used it for about a week and thought it was okay. But once I saw my sister with the stuff on in the day light, I stopped using it completely. We both have oily skin and this looks like crap within hours.