Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dublin22

Saw my derm today. 5 days of Accutane left. Red marks or scars?

Posted

I was upset when I went in to see my dermotologist today because for the last month I have really been wishing I never started Accutane---almost 4 month of horrendous breakouts (when I only had some non-pus cysts before that never scarred) to be left with dimpled looking cheeks from what I was (maybe still am) sure were scars. He told me that what I see are not scars and that I don't have to worry about having a procedure to correct what llok like scars now....that they are from post-inflamation. What have any of you Accutane users who expressed concern about scarring to your doctors been told? I am very curious. I have not been happy with my doctor so I don't know if he said that what I have are not scars so I wouldn't break down and cry in his office, or if he is being sincere. Anyway, he gave me samples of a cream called Locoid Lipocream and a prescription called Aknemycin, which I was told is an oitment to put on before bed. Has anyone heard of these or have had experience using them? I would be soooo happy to hear from you. He told me the Aknemycin will reduce redness and help anything heal that looks like a scar now----ultimately smoothing out my skin as I finish Accutane and it starts to leave my system (which means more healing). I came home, did a google search, and it looks like this Aknemycin is for helping acne. I am not breaking out anymore, I just want my rough, uneven skin to heal. I have not seen anything about it helping scarring. It is not in stock in my pharmacy until Monday, so I will have to wait for a printout of drug facts until then. Let me know what you all think of this? Is he shitting me, or could this really help, do you think?

Thanks!

Posted

I was upset when I went in to see my dermotologist today because for the last month I have really been wishing I never started Accutane---almost 4 month of horrendous breakouts (when I only had some non-pus cysts before that never scarred) to be left with dimpled looking cheeks from what I was (maybe still am) sure were scars. He told me that what I see are not scars and that I don't have to worry about having a procedure to correct what llok like scars now....that they are from post-inflamation. What have any of you Accutane users who expressed concern about scarring to your doctors been told? I am very curious. I have not been happy with my doctor so I don't know if he said that what I have are not scars so I wouldn't break down and cry in his office, or if he is being sincere. Anyway, he gave me samples of a cream called Locoid Lipocream and a prescription called Aknemycin, which I was told is an oitment to put on before bed. Has anyone heard of these or have had experience using them? I would be soooo happy to hear from you. He told me the Aknemycin will reduce redness and help anything heal that looks like a scar now----ultimately smoothing out my skin as I finish Accutane and it starts to leave my system (which means more healing). I came home, did a google search, and it looks like this Aknemycin is for helping acne. I am not breaking out anymore, I just want my rough, uneven skin to heal. I have not seen anything about it helping scarring. It is not in stock in my pharmacy until Monday, so I will have to wait for a printout of drug facts until then. Let me know what you all think of this? Is he shitting me, or could this really help, do you think?

Thanks!

how much longer are you on Accutane?

Posted

Actually, today is my last day of Accutane. I have been on it for 5 months. Any suggestions? Thanks.