Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

How do I know if they scared

I had to small cysts on the right side of my face.

How do I know it if really scared, or if it is superifical damage that will fill in. Ihave heard of that happening, and it has happened to me. What I thought was a scar ended up going away after time.

I do see a little crease when I smile or move the skin. I am too afraif to see if it is a scar.

Igot something that is supposed to help with scars.

crap!

Ihate this.

How do I know it if really scared, or if it is superifical damage that will fill in. Ihave heard of that happening, and it has happened to me. What I thought was a scar ended up going away after time.

I do see a little crease when I smile or move the skin. I am too afraif to see if it is a scar.

crap!

Ihate this.

How much time did it take for the scar to go away before and how old were you? I am sort of having a debate myself on whether this scar will go away on its own like one doctor has told me but it's been 5 months now since the original wound.

crap!

Ihate this.

How much time did it take for the scar to go away before and how old were you? I am sort of having a debate myself on whether this scar will go away on its own like one doctor has told me but it's been 5 months now since the original wound.

hmm 5 months, I doubt it will go away completely by itself then. Usually it will either go away pretty fast and you can see development almost each day or else the wound is scar-like and not much improvement is seen. If it is a scar it will not just go away by itself unless it's very small. But of course I really hope it will go away :pray:

crap!

Ihate this.

hmm 5 months, I doubt it will go away completely by itself then. Usually it will either go away pretty fast and you can see development almost each day or else the wound is scar-like and not much improvement is seen. If it is a scar it will not just go away by itself unless it's very small. But of course I really hope it will go away :pray:

I saw a doctor about 2 weeks ago and explained that the scar was 4.5 months old and he actually said that I should give it another 6 months and it would probably be a just a discoloration by then. I know I doubted it too but he is a doctor. I know that some people who have had indents from cortisone injections have seen the indents take almost a year or more to fill in. Is my situation the same? Who knows. Anyone else have scars that took a year to fill in on their own?

Colin

crap!

Ihate this.

I saw a doctor about 2 weeks ago and explained that the scar was 4.5 months old and he actually said that I should give it another 6 months and it would probably be a just a discoloration by then. I know I doubted it too but he is a doctor. I know that some people who have had indents from cortisone injections have seen the indents take almost a year or more to fill in. Is my situation the same? Who knows. Anyone else have scars that took a year to fill in on their own?

Colin

If I were you I would wait. The worst thing that can happen is that the scar does not get better. If it doesn't you will treat it by that time, but what if the scar actually would get better and you start treat it now. It could get even worse....

crap!

Ihate this.

Colin

The scar I got from my cortisone injection about 10 years ago never went away and it is still pretty deep and wide compared to my other scars. I had some new scars from cystic acne in May, and they have filled in quite a bit so now they are more like cracks instead of wide craters, but they are still noticeable.