Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

Did my computer give me acne?

It seems to me that people are starting to ask stupid questions like "if a cat touched my face can i get acne"

Honestly... people THINK

I've wondered if maybe my dog gives me acne, lol :D, people just want to know what gives then ance, so thay cover anything and everything that could give it to them....maybe a cat can give someone acne if they have reactions to cats.....you never know

theres more OCD going around then meets the eye. geez. i need my parents to see this. then they won't think i'm the only one whose fruitloops LOL

I have four cats, so the dander contributes to acne. So I have to either deal or give away the cats.

I love my kitties. So they stay and I deal.

I have a job that requires me to be around massive amounts of chemicals and sweat a lot. That DEFINATLY contributes. So, give up the job and look for another one (which, in this area, means fast food. *shudder*) or deal. So, I go to work and I deal.

It's good to figure out causes of acne, especially in daily living. But sometimes just dealing with the fact that some things cause acne make for a much happier (and relaxed!) person.

It seems to me that people are starting to ask stupid questions like "if a cat touched my face can i get acne"

Honestly... people THINK

Acne drives many of us paranoid to an extent in search of an explanation or a cure.

The computer monitor emits radiation. :razz:

Yeh maybe the radiation can deform our acne into a separate living organism that feeds on chocolate and greasy foods.

Guest *Clara

The computer monitor emits radiation. :razz:

Yeh maybe the radiation can deform our acne into a separate living organism that feeds on chocolate and greasy foods.

chocolate... :drool:

I dimly remember reading that CRTs can trigger dermatitis. I think the screen attracts dust due to the high voltages used, you touch the screen, touch your face...

LCDs are very low voltage though and so wouldn't do that, and they're more popular these days.

Keyboards can get pretty crusty too. The spot itself in acne is often caused by staphyllococus. I think I read somewhere that that can live for weeks on surfaces (presumably including keyboards).

Guest *Clara

It'd probably be smart for all of us to disinfect everything we touch twice a day.