Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TwoTimes

Downtime with TCA 16%

Hey, I was wonder what the downtime is like with TCA peel 16% or around 16%. I kno in some higher percentages the downtimes are like a week to two weeks, but im in college and have classes to attend and such. Also could you do TCA Cross on rolling scars. I pretty much only have rollign scars, and though 2 are moderatly deep none of them are that bad, I was gunna see if I could get ride of them with some low percentage TCA peels before moving up to TCA Cross. Thanks : )

Hey, I was wonder what the downtime is like with TCA peel 16% or around 16%. I kno in some higher percentages the downtimes are like a week to two weeks, but im in college and have classes to attend and such. Also could you do TCA Cross on rolling scars. I pretty much only have rollign scars, and though 2 are moderatly deep none of them are that bad, I was gunna see if I could get ride of them with some low percentage TCA peels before moving up to TCA Cross. Thanks : )

With any kind of TCA there's always a risk of long-lasting hyperpigmentation and redness afterwards. So be prepared for that if you decide to go through with it. The downtime for 16% should be about a week or less. Since you're in college and all, you may want to think about if you really want to deal with TCA right now. If your appearance or school work matters a lot to you, it may be wise to put off TCA. Otherwise you may become impatient and tempted to get those TCA scabs off your face before class starts, or something like that. That definately would not be good!

Ok, thanks for the quick response. I also have a darker complexion so I know that plays a large part in picking your scar treatment. Ive heard mixed thoughts though on TCA peels and darker complexion, does it work better that those with a lighter complexion, or better?

if your olive or light brown you can probably go as high in percentage as a fair skinned person. But if you have a brown to dark complexion you should be careful. But I think 16 percent is still ok, do a spottreatment first! But don't use above 20 do to full face peelings.