Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CursedSkin

Acne.....Who's worse off, Men or Women?

i may be biased cause im a guy, but i definately think girls have it so much easier when it comes to acne.

number 1 and a big number 1 is women have access to MAKEUP. if i were a girl i would be caking the shit outta my face.

number 2. i made this quote up and its true.

"for a girl to get a guy, all she has to do is.....EXIST."

guys are after one thing, and we crave for it. ive seen fat, ugly, acne ridden females beating guys off with a stick. guys dont care we just want what we want if you know what i mean.

girls with acne definately have a easier time dating than a dude with acne.

a guy needs confidence. most women like that in a man. how the hell can you be confident with cyst and puss riddled bumps on your face?

a woman needs, well , like i explained earlier, she just needs to be alive and shell get a man.

number 3. not only can women use accutane, they can also use birth control, which some are anti-androgens(main culprit of acne). aside from accutane, what do we have? saw palmetto? which i heard isnt that effective?

the only bad thing i can think of with women , is the fact that they breakout every month around that time. other than that, you women have it easy.

I think guys have it easier too, and I'm a girl. I have mild/mod acne, more mild, and I stuggle everyday to go to school where I have to talk to people face to face all day long, and makeup is the ONLY thing that gets me there. If I was a guy, I really think things would be a lot worse for me because I wont do ANYTHIGN without makeup! But I also feel that women are expected, whether it be by men, other women, or the media to look good all the time. Im in college, and all the guys that i meet are sooooo concerned with looks, its very sickening.

sorry i meant i think guys have it HARDER too

You know something, unless you can walk in the other persons shoes you'll never know whether you have it worse than they do.

I personally think a lot of this has to do with attitude..

hey, good post cursedskin!

well, i pretty much agree with everything youve said, your right, imo guys have it harder BUT its a tough call, i mean girls are expected to be and look pretty all the time and have beautiful refined skin but its just not like that also you will always see a beautiful girl with a plain/fat guy but its really really rare to see a beautiful guy with a plaine/fat girl, you know?

and another strong point is that guys are more superficial that girls they were born that way. guys are stimulated by looks where as girls are stimulated more by whats inside - thats a fact. so guys just remember that ok!

No offense but i think women has it worse. I think its because of a stereotype that women should be flawless to be considered beautiful...just like they have to be "hairless" lol. Whereas..men are perceived as rugged and rough around the edges (i like!) ..if you catch my drift. So females have more pressure on them to beautify themselves...hence the invention of makeup. i'm not saying that men arent affected by it..but perhaps to a lesser degree? Besides...makeup really does bad things to you..It controls how confident you feel about yourself...its like wearing a mask everyday that hides your true self until you are afraid to be seen without it.

I think women generally have more self-confidence that men. Add acne on top and women can probably still atleast fake it. Men are going to be surrounded by women who utterly ignore them. Seriously.

And there's a winner-takes-all effect in women; they generally fantasize over 'alpha-males', particularly at 18-21 age groups. Men with acne usually aren't going to be alpha-males because they have an obvious 'weakness'.

And women are more likely to be like 'ugh' to a man with acne. Men more likely consider it an 'in' for them if a woman has acne.

Women have it worse. Men care far more about looks than girls do. I probably wouldn't date a girl with a acne problem that was unsightly.

I think women generally have more self-confidence that men. Add acne on top and women can probably still atleast fake it. Men are going to be surrounded by women who utterly ignore them. Seriously.

And there's a winner-takes-all effect in women; they generally fantasize over 'alpha-males', particularly at 18-21 age groups. Men with acne usually aren't going to be alpha-males because they have an obvious 'weakness'.

And women are more likely to be like 'ugh' to a man with acne. Men more likely consider it an 'in' for them if a woman has acne.

Couldn't agree more.

I suggest you guys save this page and read it again in 5 years, the suggestion that men have it harder when it comes to dealing with acne is laughable. What sort of girly men are you losers? like guys, man up all this bitch talking about makeup and the thought of men seeing acne as a way 'in' what sort of pathetic shit is that? lol.. go for what you want, don't settle because you think you can't do better, you always can.

Couldnt agree more... all my guy friends are strangely insecure about their relationships although usually it's the men who cheat.

i think that saying that women dont care about looks is false.

ive had a girl come up to me and talk to me about a co-worker with acne.

she said, ''He was looking pretty good today, but he has too many bumps on his face''

and i work with alot of women so i hear them talk about cute guys all day..most of those guys dont have a trace of acne.

guys do care about looks, but there are alot of desperate guys out there who dont care if the girl has bumps, they just want some.

i personally know more single guys than single women. every girl i know regardless of how fat or how much acne they have, has a man or is talking to someone. me, im not doing anything.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

I don't think you can say it's worse for a guy or a girl. When something hits your confidence like acne can it hurts, male or female. Women do have a lot of pressure to be perfect, but men have different pressures to be a certain way too. I don't think it's fair to say one gender has it better then the other because standards are different among men and women.

And seriously... number 2. I never got my man fighting stick. They must have decided I don't need it cause there's no one to fight off.

I agree with those who said guys have a harder time. (That is, if you are comparing two individuals with similar cases of acne.) Guys are the ones that have to initiate; they are the ones that have to approach the opposite sex and look confident while doing it. Girls can be coy, but guys can't afford to be unless they are really good looking.

Well... this is a topic brought up alot, but my opinion remains the same.

I think that guys are worse off with acne. Why? First off, there's bullying (not in my case, thank God), and it can get physical with us since we're guys. I doubt a girl will get in a fight over that. Girl bullies are more verbal than physical. Second, girls have access to make up, which basically covers up anything they don't want other people to see. And, confidence wise, girls tend to be more confident with guys, and if they aren't, that isn't a problem because it's the guys that need to be confident in order to ask a girl out.

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT GUYS HAVE IT EASIER ARE STUPID.

ABOUT 95% OF GIRLS PUT SHIT LOADS OF MAKEUP ON HIDING PIMPLES, REDNESS ECT. THEY FLAUNT THERE BODY'S AND ITS ENOUGH TO PLEASE GUYS.

Boys on the other hand get commented on by other guys to feel bad so there not a "GIRL TARGET" making the non-acne boys more likely to get girls.

Girls are so use to having "Perfect Skin" and wearing makeup transforming there face and getting comments by nasty guys that just look at there ass or tits overate themselves and say stuff like "EWWWW" "UGLY" "NASTY" "GROSS" to guys that have acne... even if there hot.

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

Girls can bitchy and when someone is constantly putting you down verbally about your skin it's harder to prove then a physical fight. Unfortunetely it can do some serious damage on a person's confidence. I think the only way to get a real view is to have someone who has been both male and female. But that's an entirely different subject.

I think its sort of 50/50. There are tons of things in the media pressuring women to be stick thin, big boobed, and to have perfect skin that is tan. But really, if you look carefully, the media does the same thing to men, but in a different way. They tend to send out the message that men have to be fit, and have big muscles, and be tough, athletic, and "manly", or else they are losers. I think that's perfectly ridiculous to expect all guys to be like that. I am turned off by the "tough" guys who have huge egos, and think they are god's gift to the world. And I actually do not find a lot of muscles very attractive. I don't really care if a guy has any. Sometimes guys have such big ones in their arms that it looks like if you took a needle and slightly poked them with it, their muscle would just pop like a balloon lol. It seems to be the trend in our society today to tell people what they should look like and be like. :naughty:

Guest FearlessBunnyLove

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

ALL YOU PEOPLE THINK THAT GUYS HAVE IT EASIER ARE STUPID.

ABOUT 95% OF GIRLS PUT SHIT LOADS OF MAKEUP ON HIDING PIMPLES, REDNESS ECT. THEY FLAUNT THERE BODY'S AND ITS ENOUGH TO PLEASE GUYS.

Boys on the other hand get commented on by other guys to feel bad so there not a "GIRL TARGET" making the non-acne boys more likely to get girls.

Girls are so use to having "Perfect Skin" and wearing makeup transforming there face and getting comments by nasty guys that just look at there ass or tits overate themselves and say stuff like "EWWWW" "UGLY" "NASTY" "GROSS" to guys that have acne... even if there hot.

I guess I seriously need to find someone to make my makeup look flawless cause I'm seriously missing out.

I think its sort of 50/50. There are tons of things in the media pressuring women to be stick thin, big boobed, and to have perfect skin that is tan. But really, if you look carefully, the media does the same thing to men, but in a different way. They tend to send out the message that men have to be fit, and have big muscles, and be tough, athletic, and "manly", or else they are losers. I think that's perfectly ridiculous to expect all guys to be like that. I am turned off by the "tough" guys who have huge egos, and think they are god's gift to the world. And I actually do not find a lot of muscles very attractive. I don't really care if a guy has any. Sometimes guys have such big ones in their arms that it looks like if you took a needle and slightly poked them with it, their muscle would just pop like a balloon lol. It seems to be the trend in our society today to tell people what they should look like and be like. :naughty:

:clap:

I love how people generalise a whole entire sex: "Men have it worse because of this and that" or "Women have it worse because of this and that".. it's all BS, whether someone has it worse or not hasn't anything to do with what sex they are, but their attitude about the situation..

It's common sense. This is why some guys will say, "Actually, women have it worse".. but then you'll see a dude with a poor attitude feeling men have it worse and women walk on easy street. Reality is, it's all the same.. just some people have better attitude about it.

In other words, because of their good attitude they'll think that all people of their sex have it easier than the other sex.. which someone of the same sex with a bad attitude will jump to disagree. It's a never ending cycle. Speak for yourself, it's the best option..

Say, "I don't think *I* have it worse".. that sounds better IMO

I can only speak about what I see in my own environment, but I know tons of guys with servere acne who are in happy relationships. Girls? Not so much.

I think guys are really underestimating what us girls go through.

Being a guy, I'd have to say girls are the worsed at dealing with acne. My ex-girlfriend would have like 1 zit and start to freakout. There would be times where she wouldn't even call me to go-out becuase she thought as herself as a monster. She would slice her wrists on occasions, becuase she was so depressed. I'd beg her to stop many times. Also her friends don't even notice her zits. They are pretty much covered by makeup most of the time.

But hence my ex-girlfriend I screwedup. Bought her a 30 days worth of proactive on Valintines day with a box of chocolate. She used the solution and also ate the chocolate. Her face clearedup everyother day but would imflamminate everyother day. It was a win - lose situation. It got so bad, I just told her "Look, your too hot for me. You need to FIND a better guy than me. Please for your own sake". Then I blew her a kiss and ranaway.

For me as a guy with acne, I could careless. Shit happends, gotta deal with it.

Both sexes have advantages and disadvantages. Women usually develop acne before guys do. Often breakouts come and go with the female menstral cycle, often that can be fixed with birth control pills. Many females develop acne later in life, and it can continue until their 40's.

Men on the other usually develop acne in their teens, and usually outgrow it by their mid 20's. Often there is no pattern like there is in the female menstral cycle. It tends to just come and go. Some people say it is more acceptable for me to develop acne, so it may be easier on them, while females are often expected to completely clear and flawless.